I Need You ~Redney~

Wanting someone sounds so selfish but sometimes we do want someone. We want someone to be there for us like no one else was, no matter the circumstance. I used to think that I was selfish for wanting him but then I realised it wasn't a want, it was a need, and God damn did I need him. I need him to be here for me like no one else is because I need the attention, I crave his attention. Without it I feel worthless. Unfortunately he doesn't need me, no one does, no one even wants me. So I'm stuck, alone, never moving forward only backwards. So here I sit, alone, unwanted whilst watching those needed by others. Then I see him, surrounded by people who love him, he'll never notice me. A sign escapes my lips as I watch him loving the attention. My hand runs through my red hair as I sliding from my spot on the brick wall and landing on my feet making a loud thump. Even when I make a loud noise no one notices. I walk past crowds, invisible as always, into the school building heading into my first lesson which was English.

The bell rung just as I took a step into the crowded room. Just as I had suspected no one looked up or even noticed my presence. Except for the same boy who has been pestering me since he moved here. "Michael hi!" He exclaimed once he saw me. I gave the obnoxiously loud boy a small wave before sliding into my seat beside him. "Good morning students! As you know today we are starting our projects and the person next to you is your partner. I groaned quietly as Barney was sitting at the edge of the class, meaning I was stuck with him. "Right now the project is on Shakespeare so get to work with your partner and discuss some ideas." Barney pulled up his chair to my desk. "What the hell are we doing?" I ask, having not been in the last lesson due to a therapy appointment. "Modernising part of one of Shakespeare's plays." Barney explained, a smile on his lips, his soft looking lips. The fuck was that thought red? "Can we do hamlet?" I ask, hamlet was my favourite Shakespearian play. "Yeah, that's my favourite Shakespearian play!" Barney agreed, excitement in his voice. "We are going have to work on this out of school." Barney pointed out still smiling. "Fine, come to mine. If you are late out of school I'll start walking." I spoke sternly pointing my finger at him. "Yeah that's cool!"

~Time Skip~

"Michael!" Barney's voice called from behind me as I was walking home. Shit I forgot we had the project. My feet stop, brining me to a stand still as I wait for the boy to catch up. When he reached me he began to apologies for being late. "Red how was your day? I hope it was good." Barney asked genuinely caring.  "Stop." "Stop what?" "Giving me attention." "Why?" "Because I like it!" I exclaim anger and sadness in my voice. "I don't deserve the attention." My voice quietened as I feel a lump in my throat begin to form. "Michael you deserve the world, you are so perfect. Even if I wanted to stop giving you attention I couldn't because I am so drawn to you in unexplainable ways. Whenever i see you everything seems to fall into place." "B-barney, I need to tell you something. But let's get to mine first." I watch as his pace quickens and walks faster in the direction of my house. A sigh sounded from my parted lips as I spend up to keep up with him. "Barney this is my house!" I call to the boy, who had continued to walk past my house. I watch as he turns around a embarrassed look on his face as he walks into my house. Barney sits down on the sofa and I join him on the other end of the couch. "Okay,. Now tell me." I sit up straight and look him straight in the eyes before beginning my story. "It kind of started the second year of high school. You wouldn't believe it but I was very outgoing and happy I guess. But suddenly people stopped talking to me, no one paid attention to me and life started to suck. I lost all of my friends as they found better ones and I was left to fend for myself. I was never bullied or anything, I was abandoned by everyone I loved, even all of my family disappeared for work or collage and i was left alone." I looked down avoiding eye contact with Barney. "They didn't abandon you, they just thought you were way out of their league so didn't expect you to be friends with them, as for your family the just got busy. They didn't intentionally leave you." "Bullshit." Barney sighed defeated, smiling up at me sympathetically.

~Time Skip~

Barney was around mine again and trying to convince me yet again that people liked me. "Red seriously, they all like you. I talked to some people around school about you and they said they were afraid of talking to you because you  shut them  out. Not the other way around." He reasoned, placing his hand on my shoulder. "They are lying! I've never done anything to them and they just turned away from me. Never looking at me or even acknowledging my presence!" I called frustrated, shrugging his hand off of my shoulder. "I don't know how you can't see everyone's eyes are on you because of how gorgeous you are. Whenever you walk in a silence bestows upon the room as everyone is astonished that they are blessed with your presence." Barney tried to convince me, holding on to my arm. I snort at his comment. "You're just saying that because you're my friend." I slouch down in my seat on the couch, folding my arms. "So you admit we are friends?" Barney asked a smirk on his lips. "I've told you things no one but my mom knows so yes, we are friends." He chuckles quietly, shaking his head. "But you know I want to be more than that." As the word fell from his lips I felt my cheeks get warmer as I struggled to form a sentence. "B-barney! I-i I'm n-not!-" "I know, we will wait until you're ready." Barney pats me on the head smiling understandably. "Thank you."