Twisted Fairytale ~Timily~

I wrote this when I was 12 for school I merely adjusted it and improved upon it to make it a one shot. This was originally my little mermaid.

Ariel was a beautiful mermaid with luscious red hair. Although she looked beautiful what was inside was not. Ariel had a hatred for anything remotely pretty or sexually appealing in any form. Emily was once the most beautiful mermaid to have ever swum in the ocean, that was until Ariel had had enough and turned her into an ugly half octopus that would never be able to show her face again as she was ashamed of how she looked. One morning there was a show for all the people in the submerged kingdom and of course Ariel was the star of the show. Lights flickered on as the clam gradually opened. Sat in the middle was Ariel with a charming smile and gleaming eyes. All the mermen swooned whilst the mermaids watched with jealousy. As the show came to its end Ariel snuck to the cave where she had imprisoned Emily.

"What do you want?!" Emily cried out with fear, tears threatening to spill from her eyes. "Tut tut tut, that's no way to talk to your mistress." Ariel cackled, swimming closer to Emily. "Please!" Emily cried. "Just leave me be!" Emily's loud sobs filled the cave as Ariel smirked deviously. "Not until you give me what I want!" She spoke harshly. "I want legs!" The evil woman exclaimed, hitting her fist against the wall. "Fine!" Emily had caved. "It won't last forever... it wall only last a week, unless you...marry a human." She reluctantly revealed, staring down at her hands. "Great! See you tomorrow, be ready with my spell." Ariel began to laugh creepily, swimming away leaving Emily to cry and work on spells as she usually did.

The night passed slowly for Emily as she had been working all night for the spell for the evil being called Ariel. At 7am on the dot Ariel barged in, smirk on her face looking evilly at Emily. "My spell?" The witch spat out. Terrified Emily handed over the spell before backing up into a corner. What Ariel didn't know was that she had made two potions. After Ariel had left Emily drank her potion, getting back her beautiful face, small figure and long curly brown hair. Emily soon got legs but she was already at the surface. Unlike Ariel, who had not thought this through, Emily had made clothes especially for this situation. Emily could see the shore but did not know how to swim so she flailed her arms and legs finding it was an efficient way to move forward.

As she approached the shore Emily saw Ariel in the arms of an attractive man and decided she should warn the him about the craft thing that is Ariel. After watching the two for 20 minutes the man was finally alone. Emily cautiously approached him wobbling every step due to not being accustomed to having legs. "Sir!" She called. "Please you must listen to me!" Emily spoke frantically following the man. "Excuse me who are you?" The man asked confused after noticing Emily running towards him. "My name is Emily might I ask who you are?" She spoke politely, doing a small curtsy. "My name is Timothy, Prince Timothy but please call me Tim." Emily nodded her head, catching her breath. "Why were you calling after me?" Tim asked, perching on a rock nearby. "That girl you were with, she is not who you think she is. She is evil and captured me for years." Emily explained frantically. "Why should I believe you?" As Tim said this Emily picked up the necklace that lay tucked under her clothes. She pressed the top and Tim watched as the scene from the previous day unfolded before his eyes. "Holy shit she's a mermaid!?" He exclaimed, excitement and fear lacing his voice. "Yes and I am too, she turned me into a octopus creature as she believed that I was more beautiful than her." Emily elaborated tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "She wasn't wrong." Tim complimented smiling sweetly at the girl. Emily began to blush as she turned away from the man in front of her. "S-she needs to be stopped, but I am not strong enough on my own." Tim contemplated something on his mind before his eyes widened, an idea popping into his brain. "I shall help you! No one deserves to be under her power."

Tim proceeded to lead Emily back to the castle where he showed her to a room, apparently beside his, Emily thanked him graciously before sitting down on the large bed. "I'm going to see if I can lure Ariel into a false sense of security." Tim smiled deviously, rubbing his hands together creating friction. "OK, I shall work on a way to solve our issue, we have 6 days." Within that time Emily found herself falling for the prince, little did she know the prince had begun to fall for her too. "OK, I think we are done." Emily exclaimed happily pulling Tim into a hug. Tim was shocked but hugged the mermaid tightly. "Em, how do you... stay human forever?" Prince Tim asked cautiously. "W-well, I'd have to be married by a week, meaning the next two days." Emily tells Tim, pulling back out of the hug, the stutter clear in her sentence. "The em." Tim got down on one knee. "Will you marry me?" Emily blushed heavily trying to form a sentence. "N-no, you are only doing this so we can stay friends." Emily stated, sitting on the chair behind her. "Emily I promise you that in the last 5 days I have fallen completely in love with you." Tim confessed, still on one knee. "I love you too." With that Tim leaned forward pressing a gentle kiss on Emily's lips. "Now come on, let's put our plan into action." Em said clapping her hands together. Tim nodded, pecking em on the lips before going to get Ariel. Em walked up to the cliff waiting for Tim to come with clueless Ariel. "Timmy babe! What did you want to show me?" Em heard Ariel's voice from the bush. Emily walked from her spot to the top of the cliff and pushed Ariel off of the cliff, Turing away so she didn't have to see her corpse as it hit the rocky shore. "Now that that's over." Tim said flirtatiously before kissing Em on the lips, pulling her in by her waist.