let go ~Redney~

"why did you let go?" Red questioned looking at his lover who had let go of his now dangling hand. No words escaped their lips as blue eyes stared blankly ahead. "I can't." With that the younger male turned walking away, leaving the boy in the hallway by himself. Red felt parts of his heart shatter slowly, creating a more agonising pain. His now empty hands began shaking rapidly as his legs became weak. Red tried to take a step but stumbled into the wall to his right. That's when it struck him, he had just been left. No words were created to describe the pain the struck Red in the chest. He felt as of everything he had ever cared for, cherished...loved... just gone. Using the wall to support him he began to walk. Red had no clue as to where he was going, all he knew was that he needed to get out of there. It was hurting him to much, he didn't want to stand there broken. Red managed to walk out of the mall doors and was then faced with the stairs. He looked at them and sighed, grabbing the railing Red began to stumble down the stairs.

Somehow Red made it to the bottom of the stairs unscathed and was sort of proud of himself for doing so for even a split second he forgot what he was getting away from. Red didn't have a car so he was left to wonder the streets aimlessly. Red stumbled down a road he had never seen before, eyes on the ground, hands in pockets. "Hey dude are you OK?" A man's voice sounded from beside him. Red looked to the man who gasped sympathetically. "You're crying!" The man exclaimed rubbing his finger across the red heads cheek, catching any fallen tears. Red flinched at the touch of the stranger and tried to back away but the man's grip was too strong. "Do you have somewhere to go?" The man asked worriedly. Red shook his head and the man nodded understandingly. "You can come to my work, we do YouTube and it won't just be me there." The man offered graciously. "Yes please." Red uttered his first words to the man. With that the man began to lead red to his work. "I'm John, but everyone calls me Barney." The man had finally introduced himself to the distraught man. "I'm Michael, but please call me red." The red head replied, walking to the left of Barney.

"Okay here we are." Barney said as the reached a small block of offices. Barney led the way up the stairs and through the main door. "One second red wait here." Barney instructed before walking off. Red stayed near the front desk whilst Barney weaved through the office. "Adam! Come here I need you!" Barney shouted to Adam who had an open office door, so he knew he wasn't recording. Adam stood from his office and filled Barney, who was waking to where Red waited. "Barney where the hell are we going?" Adam asked confused catching up with the half Turkish man. "This is red." Barney introduced Red to Adam, who was flicking through the fan art on the desk. Red looked up and a smile appeared on his face. The first smile Barney had seen on the gingers face, and God damn did he think it was beautiful. "Adam?!" Adams eyes widened and he jumped forward hugging red. "Dude! It's been years where have you been?" "Well I got caught up with school and... well a now ex." Barney's eyes widen as the two pull away from each other. "Is that why you were crying?" Barney questioned putting two and two together. Red nodded his head tears beginning to well up in his eyes. To try and comfort the tall ginger he jumps forward embracing red in a tight hug. For some reason Red could not understand he found himself feeling at peace in Barney's arms. "Red do you want to record with us? It might take your mind off of things." Adam offered as Red slowly backed away from me, red nodded his head vigorously before following Adam who had began leading red to where Jins office used to be.

~•~•~Time Skip~•~•~

"Red do you want a lift home?" Barney offered walking into where red sat. "I don't really know where home is right now." Red confessed. "Did you live with the tool bag that left you?" I asked walking towards Red. He nodded his head softly a frown appearing on his perfect face as Barney describes. "You can come stay with me if you'd like." Barney offered, secretly hoping the man would say yes. "Uhm OK, but I don't have anything." Red said awkwardly, staring down at the desk. "Don't worry you can borrow some of my stuff, come on! Let's go." Barney then spun around and led Red out of the offices and to his car. Once they got home Barney went into his room grabbing a pair of pyjama bottoms and one of his larger shirts before handing them to the nervous looking red. "You get changed I'll order pizza, you like pepperoni?" Barney asked pulling out his phone, red replied yes quietly before leaving the room and into where he would be sleeping. Barney had ordered the pizza and was now sitting on the couch waiting for his new friend to finish changing. Red soon came into the room looking awkward but Barney saw him as absolutely flawless, Barney thought he looked so cute in his oversized shirt as he tugged at the hem of it. Barney was breathless, Reds beauty had rendered him speechless. That's when he knew it, he had begun to fall for him.

~•~•~Time Skip~•~•~

It had been 4 months since Red had officially moved in and day by day each man felt themselves falling for each other deeper than the day before. "Hey Red? Can I talk to you?" Barney asked walking into the gingers room. "Sure bud, sit down" Red said patting the spot beside him, Barney moved to the other side of the bed and perched onto it before swinging his legs onto the bed. Barney had decided he was going to confess now, before he lost the confidence. "Red I think I've fallen in love with you." Barney admitted shyly, looking down at his hands. "I love you too." Red replied, barely above a whisper. As red's sentence finished Barney's head swung around in shock. "You do?" His eyes were filled with hope and happiness. "I really do." With that Barney leaned in kissing red on the lips gently. Red instantly kissed back, twisting his body to face the younger man. This was the first kiss of true love.

~•~•~Time Skip~•~•~

"Why did you let go?" Red questioned memories of previous events flash through his brain as he felt tears well up in his eyes. Barney lent forward kissing his boyfriend on the cheek, reassuring him. That's when he pulled a small black box from his pocket, he got down on one knee and opened the box. "Red, I have been in love with you since the day I met you and i have spent the past 4 years loving you with my heart and soul, would you be gracious enough to allow me to do it for the rest of my life? Michael Stevens will you marry me?" Tears spring from Reds eyes but these were of happiness, red nodded his head frantically as Barney slid the ring on his finger. Barney stood from his kneeling position and kissed his now fiancée on the lips happily thinking about their future to come.