I just nod.

He returns this gesture while still among the harsh respiration before spinning towards his car, hands in pockets, hood up.

I hastily get up, catching a glance at Nathaniel, whose eyes begin to flutter past the tormenting grumbles. His entire face is a volume of blood. I walk around his body with caution, but not enough to escape in time

I stop breathing all together when I realize the flip.

And then, I slightly scream as his hands tighten around my ankle, my breathing escalating seizures.

Adam snaps his neck back. We both paralyze when a trigger sounds. I look down in terror as he releases the gun from his teeth, focusing it on my leg that quakes under his grip. I tug ferociously but his hold is iron, even under his circumstances. Hopeless, I remove my petrified stare towards Adam whose jaw wars out his move before verily approaching, rage at his feet.

Nathaniel fights past the pain as he tries to get off the ground, his hand bleeding into my legs, the strong clasp making me lightheaded. I am pulling away with all of my strength before he gets off the ground, one hand tightened around the gun and the other swiftly circled around my neck. My nose is instantly tortured by the smell of iron rich aroused from his face, his hot breath awakening every goose bump I own. My hyperventilation intensifies as we watch Adam gulp, his hands in guard.

I terrifyingly observe his face bathed in unadulterated guilt, so pure in substance that he almost looks vulnerable.

"Let her go," he warns in a dangerous tone, his eyes narrowed in repulsion at my captor.

I yelp when we move backwards in response to Adam's advance, the hold against my neck tightening. I am all wide eyes and broken breaths, my heart skyrocketing to another universe.

I watch with quivering lips as Nathaniel spits a load of blood out of his mouth before speaking.

"The money Adam," He sneers in my ears, the threat boasting.

Adam's emotions instantaneously dive past him towards fury. He begins breathing stronger, his shoulders elevating from the slump. Teeth clasped.

"All of this trouble, and you think you were going to leave this soon," Nathaniel guffaws through convulsive coughs over the silence we welcome.

Adam throws profanity at Nathaniel's face through grated teeth and poisonous eyes.

"Is that all you have?" Nathaniel tests while wiping the blood from his mouth with the gunned hand. Both of them are breathing in glares.

"I will end you," It is the most lethal tone I've heard from Adam.

"Then do it," He walks closer to Adam with me being pushed in front. He parades the gun around in superiority. I try swallowing what infinite terror that clumps in my throat while focusing on Adam's battered knuckles.

They throw daggers at each other, Adam's eyes moving from me to him. I can almost see the fume surrounding them. My body trembles at my centre in this.

"Put the gun down, you coward," Adam spits right in his face, the veins in his neck blistering. All I can sense is Adam's sweet cologne, the smell helping me deal with the destruction to follow.

Nathaniel laughs in mockery, the sound hurting my ears. This follows by complete silence while Adam scowls him down, my oxygen dissipating as my neck chokes. The situation worsens when the gun escalates rays of pressure to my temples.

"I will kill her in a second, where's my money?"

Adam just scoffs. I frown at his ego for being stubborn at a time like this.

"You think killing her is going to get you the money?" I wince as he says these words.

"Adam, no." I beg, my throat aching as he walks closer.

"You coward," Adam tempts further, sweltering my anxiety through the roof.

"Don't do this," I stammer, gulping before continuing.

"He's right, how are you going to get the money?" I try and ignore the terror of being used as bait.

"He's your only way," my entire body is throbbing as I say this. I have to convince myself that this is a nightmare; none of this can be real. It can't.

Only it is.

"Where is it?" Nathaniel focuses on Adam, each word enunciating venom.

I see Adam's jaw tighten, his eyes continuing to reflect repulse.

'Adam?" I urge.

"I don't have it," he smirks.

"Don't test me." I jump when Nathaniel moves back to his original stance.

And everything runs for the dark when Adam spits on his shoes.

The war starts in seconds.

"Do you want to watch your little girlfriend die?" His saliva splatters on my face, my breathing being hitched out of me.

I want to scream, but the panic flows loudly through my painful silence; I can't breath anymore. I watch Adam swallow through misted vision.

"The money or she dies, your choice," I am just paralyzed, begging my eyes to motivate Adam.

He studies me with distance, his mind at war.

"Caesor has all of it."

He's lying.

"Why in the hell would he have it?"

"Because you like him but the feeling was never mutual," Adam raises his eyebrows, wholeheartedly smug.

"Prove it," He thunders, the sadness of betrayal strong in his tone. I stare wide eyed at Adam, his confidence strangely bloating.

"I'll call him," Adam suggests with calm.

While Nathaniel cages me, Adam grabs the phone from the ground, quickly dialling a number before waiting for the call, his eyes an abyss in me.

None of this makes sense.

Its cold outside but my body is naturally numb to warmth. It's so difficult to calm my erratic heartbeat as I stare helpless at Adam's smeared knuckles while he talks with stern. My head sways as the blood to my head severs.

"He wants to speak with you in private," Adam's eyes glint, an invisible grin smothered towards him.

Everything else happens too fast.

Adam gives him the phone, eyes a mile away. As soon as Nathaniel reaches for it with his already preoccupied hand, the gun is strangled by Adam in a second, the act startling me. In a flash, Nathaniel's hands handicap around my neck in distraction and I am free. He fists his hands right under Adam's jaw, knocking him onto his back.

"Run Aamirah!"

I envelope my nape, staring in horror as Adam is struck repeatedly in the nose, the blood gushing in haste. Adam's arms flail to the side as soon as the impact worsens; my cries scaring the empty forest.

"Let go of him!" I repeat in escalated bawls, thrashing crazily at Nathaniel's cement felt back.

He doesn't even flinch. I look around for a weapon, Adam's suffering groans sobbing adrenaline through me.

Nothing, I see nothing.

And then a gun shot.

Not the sound.

A piercingly intensive pressure penetrates my apical shoulder, the force instantaneously puncturing me forward. I adjust to the blurring surroundings before the numbness parasites me. My battered head cracks against the concrete, eyes rolling behind my head. The excruciating burning follows, a pain so harsh, I am screaming my lungs out.

And then I jerk to the thunder cracking sound that follows a mere second later.

"No, No, Noooo!"  Adam's voice hoarse with agony.