Even from a distance, I see the resent in his face. He looks straight in front of him with a clenched jaw and fuming nostrils, his hands bawled into fists as he walks with undeniable heaviness in his steps. I start shivering when he begins looking around. As soon as he sees me, I am paralyzed.

He stares through me. I grasp the quiver of guilt written on his paling face. His shoulders slump from their previous elevated intimidation, speed slowing dramatically.

The devastation weighs with his every stride, the sight drowning me.

My teeth start rattling on their own as he gets near.

A snide laugh disintegrates his focus towards a tree where Nathaniel stands. I struggle with my wrists as Adam's eyes search for him, his long pace determined when the animal is located. His shoulders push back before Nathaniel can move away and I wince at the hard impact his head makes with the tree. The punches continue mercilessly, one hard blow after the next. I can hear my self begging for Adam to stop.

But part of me doesn't want him to listen; a stronger part.

I stumble my way off the ground, falling through fogging eyes.

With hands wrestled behind my back, I manage to run towards them. Adam continues with a distressing face while Nathaniel groans in pain. I am almost confused when I see Nathaniel's arms casually resting at his sides.

He's not trying.

"Adam, let's just leave," I scream in whisper. He continues.

"Let's just go home, please," I remain reasoning. As I continue flinching at the scene, he abruptly studies me, his eyes wide with angst before softening.

He slowly unravels his hold on Nathaniel's shirt before turning towards me. I look down at the red splattered on his knuckles and then back at his raging eyes. They get worse when he achieves a good look of me.

"What did he do?" He is breathing way too heavy and his words are really loud. When I don't speak, he tightens his hold of the shirt and slams him back into the tree.

"Tell me!" He roars, making me jump openly.

I swallow the smile appearing on Nathaniel's face and make light of the situation.

"I fell a couple of times," I look anywhere but at his deathly glare.

"Don't lie, I will kill him anyway"

He stands still with his hands caging Nathaniel's throat before realizing I am quiet. He takes a quick stretched look at me before proceeding with loathe steroid in his limbs.

I almost gasp when he throws Nathaniel onto the hard asphalt, the collision making me wince. Adam hovers over an almost unconscious Nathaniel before he throws more violent fists into his face. I watch his back flex and extend as his arms move with fast and controlled speed. I hold back the nausea before walking in front of him to crouch to his eye level.

"Adam, he's not worth it, please," I repeat, tears of exhaustion flowing their way out.

He stops quickly to look at my face, studying my fear for a while. I then stare at the contemplation the biting of his lips express. The mere seconds strengthen before his loud breathing pacifies. And with extensive hesitance, he violently slams Nathaniel's body to the ground. His hands fall to his side. He glowers at Nathaniel's face in pure disgust while he brings himself to an erect stance.

"This is for you," He wavers at me, referring to his voluntary retreat; a difficult endurance. The blood still boiled, he spits beside Nathaniel's moaning face.