One

"You can stay here as long as you want to, Dear." Granny said as I entered Cobble Mansion. I'm meeting Granny for the first time. So everything is still new for me.

"Really! I wouldn't bother you but my parents think I should spend my vacation here, and get to know you and this town." I replied as my eyes danced around, taking everything in. I gazed the great cendilier that hang from the ceiling, illuminating the house.

She smiled. "Don't worry, it's nothing, Make yourself at home. And don't worry, Jeffery will take your luggage to your room."

My name's Claire Moreno and I'm here in my Granny's house to spent my vacation. It's more like my step father doesn't want me around. He's is quite rich and has this beautiful house, more like mansion in the expensive area of this town. Granny lives here alone. George occasionally visits her. The house is known as Cobble Mansion as my father, scratch that stepfather is George Cobble. My mom got lucky enough to marry such a rich man. After my father passed away four years ago, my mom, Lillian Moreno started drinking and spent most of her time in pubs and bars. She just couldn't get over him. That's where George Cobble met her, they fell for each other and get married within a year. I'm glad she finally moved on. I'm not that attached to George. And I don't feel comfortable enough to call him 'Dad'. So I just call him by his name. Ever since they've gotten married, mom seems to have forgotten about me. It hurts sometimes but I don't care what they have been doing as long as my mom stays happy.

Enough about them. Currently I have a beautiful view of this town from the giant window that covers the whole wall in my bedroom. The town is small, quiet and beautiful unlike New York, which is noisy. I like it in here. It's peaceful. I like it. Maybe this vacation won't be as boring as I thought It would. I have never been here before, so this place feels foreign to me. I didn't know what I would find here. There's a huge swimming pool in the backyard surrounded by a Grey fence. And dark blue tiles around the pool give it a calm look.

I would be staying here for a few weeks before flying back to New York, for more education. Seriously I have nothing better to do. I'm a book worm.

This house was built a while ago but it is designed in a way so that it wouldn't look odd in any time period. The stairs, however, are old and rusty, making irritating noises every time someone step on it. The colours on the walls have faded a bit and some of the paint is peeling off the wall. But it never leaves its glow. Everything is nice in here though. The air is fresh and cool. No pollution. No tension.

Eventually I got bored of sitting on the bed in my room. I had already unpacked my stuffs, because I don't like leaving my room messy, and also because I had nothing better to do. I sighed. I need some ear blasting music to cheer me up. That would be great. I wandered around the house looking everywhere and searching for any music CDs. But there were only classical music CDs. I wrinkled my nose in disgust. Granny had poor taste. I grabbed my wallet from my night stand and headed out after informing Granny that I would be back before dusk. And slammed the door shut. I don't know where to go,  so I just started wandering. Very few people lived here and rarely came out of their houses. It's eerily quiet even in morning. It was the Exact opposite of New York. That city never sleep.

After wondering for about half a half an hour aimlessly. I find a music shop. I squeal in excitement and headed toward it. I pushed open the door and was greeted by old classical music playing in the background. I groaned as I walked in. I rummage through the shelves but found nothing interesting. Everything was shit there. The shop was loaded with country and classical music and no hardcore. I groaned and walked up to furthest shelf and started searching on top shelf. My eyes landed on a boy, who was standing other side of the shelf. He looks almost six feet tall. I could see through the gaps in the shelves, he was wearing a Destiny hoodie, his face was hidden in the shadows. He was also rummaging through shelves, picking records.

I didn't realize I was staring at him, when he look up at me suddenly, I was startled at his sudden movement and backed away, only to bumped into someone behind me. I turned around to see who I bumped into and started apologizing to them saying that 'I wasn't looking.' The guy I had bumped into crouched and pick up his items. I helped him pick them up and saw that he had Metallica records in his hands. He mumbled 'it's ok' and paid the cashier and walked out.

Once he's gone, I turned around to see that boy through shelf again.

But he wasn't there.

( Hi guys, this is a quick author note. Just letting you know, this is my first story and I know there would be some grammar mistakes bcoz English is not my language so please ignore them and don't go too hard on me. I appreciate if you vote and comment on it)