Chapter 32: Bad news

Start bij het begin

"Cassidy ... She, She's..." Peeta begins.

"No she's not dead!" I snap.

"No! No Finn she's not dead", Peeta says fast.

He comes closer. He has a really serious face that doesn't make me feel any better at all.

"What is it?"

"Baby what is it?" Katniss asks who also straightens up.

"Cassidy has broken two ribs and one of the ribs ... punctured her right lung. They have operated her and made a lung transplant and now she's in a coma", Peeta says.

Cassidy! No Cassidy please! Please no!

"I'll kill them!" Charlotte screams and stands up. She walks around in the waiting room. "I'll fucking kill those bastards!"

She strikes her fist on the wall so hard her hand must have broken.

"What? What are you talking about?" I ask with a tear drowned voice.

Charlotte doesn't respond. I walk up to her and grab her arm, turn her around and force her to look me in the eyes.

"What are you talking about?" I ask again.

She sighs.

"In the locker room ... Before we came to the classroom..." she begins. "I was in the shower. Kimmie, Bibi and Melina ... They came in, and when I came out of the shower I saw how they were beating her, and before I came they had beat her in the stomach really hard, not only once, I don't know how many times, But it must have been the ribs ... I couldn't get them to let her go".

"What?!" I growl.

Not to Charlotte, but to the wall as I turn to and strikes my fist into it. Harden Charlotte had done.

"Why can't they leave her alone? She must tell us when she wakes up, so we can take them down once and for all, for attempted murder or something".

"It's not a question of when she wake up Finn", Peeta says and I turn around and look him straight in the eyes. "It's a question of ... if, she wakes up".

I feel that my legs can't hold me up any longer. This is a nightmare, a nightmare I'm not going to wake up from, because this is the reality.

"NO", Charlotte screams and Katniss gasps while I fall down to the floor completely dissolved in tears.

"No Finn!" Peeta shouts and I hear him put Willow down on the floor and run up to me. "Finn, we can go in to her, we can go in to her now if you want".

He helps me up on my legs. "Yes, I want to go to her", I say with a shaky voice.

"Come on", Peeta says and begins to lead me towards Cassidys room.

The others follows us. Willow holds my hand while we walk.

We stop outside a door and I take a deep breath before I open the door.

She lies in a bed with cords from her mouth arms and stomach. I recognize the respirator.

"Cassidy..." I whisper and walk up to the bed.

She looks so helpless. And I can't do anything to help her.

"The doctor said that she really have to want to come back, in order to wake up", Peeta says low behind me and puts his hands on my shoulders.

"What if she doesn't want to come back?" I ask and take her lifeless hand in mine.

"She wants to Finn, she wants to come back", Katniss says, standing on the other side of the bed with Rye on one am and her other her arm around Charlotte's shoulders, who leans agaisnt Katniss and sobs at the sight of Cassidy.

"No, I don't think she does, what do she have to come back to? She has been harassed by them forever, since I went to school, but she is the only one who has stood up against them, she was the only one brave enough", I say quietly. "She doesn't have much to come back to, so why would she?"

"Finn ... She has you", Charlotte says and I look at her. "I don't think you understand how much you mean to her, after you became friends again, I don't know what happened between you two before, that doesn't really matter because you where almost the only thing she could ever talk about, how she become angry when girls followed you everywhere, how beautiful your eyes are, 'so green, like grass', she would say, how good looking you are, how she loves that you're so good with Willow, that she loves the way you say her name and looks at her".

Charlotte sobs harder and buries her face deeper into Katniss.

Cassidy has been saying all this to Charlotte about me?

I look at her face and she seems so peaceful but not alive. I want her to wake up so bad it hurts in my whole body.

I begin to sob again and fall down on my knees and kiss Cassidy's hand.

I have heard that people in coma, can still hear what people around them are saying.

I'm still long enough when I stand on my knees, that I'm in right lenght with my head to hers.

I keep a tight grip on her hand.

"Cassidy, please, if you hear me..." I say and move closer to her head. "... If you hear me, I beg of you, please try to come back ... Cassidy I love you, so please come back to me, please".

I lean in and places a small kiss on her lifeless lips.

Now I only hope that she wants to wake up. Nothing else matters.

But is my love for her strong enough to make her want to come back?

--------------------

Well what do you think? Is Finn's love for Cassidy strong enough for her to want to come back? Hm...?

Did you like this chapter? I thought it was a bit sad, but that's just what I thought, and that dosen't even matter because I wrote this xD but what dose matter is your opinions and I want to know them :)

Please vote and comment to tell me your thoughts about this chapter :)

-Josephine xx