Chapter 111- Something Planned

"Ready?" Daryl asked, looking out the back door. I grabbed the bow and nodded "Let's go." I replied in a hushed tone.

We slipped outside the cabin, stepping over the two dead walkers and walked down the river bed.

The full moon shined brightly giving me and Daryl a tiny bit of light as we tried to make our way back to the prison.

The now dry clothing clung to my body, making a sense of comfort float through my nerves.

The river flowed rapidly as we made our way up the river bed, closer and closer to the cliff we had jumped off.

We moved in sync as we made our way back to the prison, bush's and tree's surrounding us.

We made our way past the cliff to a fallen log. "Should we cross here?" I asked, eyeing the murky water.

"Yeah, careful though. I'm goin first." Daryl replied. I nodded and he stepped up onto the log.

He made his way easily, walking across the log as if it were a bridge. It started to creak as he got to the midway point.

He slowed his pace and carefully manoeuvred his way across the log. Seconds later he hopped down onto the other side and nodded.

I gave a nervous sigh and stepped up onto the log. I took it step by step, going way slower than Daryl.

I reached the midpoint and it started ti creak. I hesitated and held my breath as I took another step.

It creaked again and I quickly hurried. I basically ran off the log, right into Daryl.

He looked at me funny before turning and walking further forwards. I quickly walked beside him and we continued deeper into the forest.

"Daryl, what are we suppose to feed them? We were suppose to go hunting." I mumbled.

"Tell em we got attacked, lost the game." He replied simply. I shrugged and we walked in silence.

We made our way through the forest, doubling back around the cliff to get to higher ground.

It took longer but it was better than trying to rock climb. We walked in silence for so long, neither of us saying anything.

The sounds of the forest kept me on edge for fear another walker would run out at me.

I started to recognize the woods around us, we were getting close to the prison and I couldn't be more thankful.

Daryl turned left and I stumbled after him "Where are we going?" I questioned.

"Main road, it'll be faster." Daryl explained. I nodded and we rushed to the main road.

We jogged all the way to the road and when we got there we ran all the way back to the prison.

The darkness surrounded the prison as we reached the gate, the growling sound of the walkers that stood in our field got louder.

"How are we going to get in?" I asked, glancing around at the dark prison. "Follow ma lead." Daryl whispered.

I shrugged and followed him around to the part of the fence that Glenn had cut a hole in so we could enter the prison in the first place.

Daryl opened it up quickly and we slipped inside silently. We walked slowly with our backs against the fence.

I gripped my knife tightly, knowing that at any moment we could be surrounded, facing the death that would eventually come.

Several walkers on the other side of he fence took notice of us and started to snarl at us.

They creeped forwards from the darkness and clawed at the fence trying to grab their next meal.

The more we moved, the more the walkers payed attention to us. "Daryl," I hissed quietly.

"Were almost there, just keep goin." Daryl urged. I glanced around us and I knew we were in trouble.

We were almost there but the walkers became more aggressive and I wasn't sure how much farther we could make it.

A walker near by bared its teeth and reached at me through the fence, gargling and groaning angrily.

The walker got angrier and took a step back before slamming into the fence, startling me.

"Daryl!" I whispered, this time showing the concern in my voice. Daryl gritted his teeth and took a quick glance at the walkers.

"Let's go." He murmured before grabbing my wrist and pulling me to a run beside him.

We ran down the length of the rest of the fence, each step making the walkers more and more hungry.

We reached the prison compound and Daryl swore under his breath. "What's wrong?" I stuttered, still looking at the man eating creatures and their flailing limbs.

"Locked." He retorted. "Is there another way in?!" I cried.

He shook his head slowly and I hit the fence gate. "Damn it! What the hell do we do now!" I snarled.

"I don't know." Daryl replied. I pinched the bridge of my nose and squeezed my eyes shut.

When I opened them Daryl had a pistol out and was quickly loading it. "What are you doing?" I asked in confusion.

"Plug yer ears." Daryl warned and pointed the pistol to the sky. "Daryl?!" I questioned.

"Trust me." He reassured. I covered my ears and he sent three shots into the air.

The walkers responded, their sounds growing in anticipation of food.

"What the hell?!" I yelled, staring into the woods where more walkers stepped out.

"In the beginnin, Merle and I made a code. Shoot three shots into the air that way we know if we needed help." Daryl answered.

Daryl reloaded the gun quickly and I covered my ears again. He shot up into the air, both sides of the fence now rattling back and fourth due to the hungry walkers.

Daryl repeated himself again and I heard the faint sound of the door hinges squeaking.

A figure moved out of the prison through the darkness. "Hey! Over here!" I shouted to the figure.

The figure stood up and walked towards us slowly. "Daryl?" Merle's voice called into the darkness.

"Merle! Grab the keys and unlock this damn gate!" Daryl boomed.

Merle ran back inside and we waited, only for several minutes but the walkers that were around me and Daryl were becoming more and more terrifying.

Merle ran out towards us and slid the key into the pad lock. The gate opened quickly and we stepped through.

Daryl quickly placed the lock back into place and we ran inside. We walked through the hallway and into the common room where Rick, Tayler, Hershel and Glenn awaited.

"Where the hell have you two been?" Rick growled at us angrily. "We went hunting." I responded.

"We thought you were hurt! We were going to go out there and find you!" Tayler scolded.

"Sorry, we didn't mean to scare you." I commented. "Well what took you so long?" Hershel asked groggily.

I quickly looked at Daryl then to my feet as I tried to think of a explanation.

"Got attacked, had to hide in the water. Found a cabin and dried off no big deal." Daryl said before yawning.

"Well we have a meeting with the Governor tomorrow." Glenn added, getting us onto the subject at hand.

"I ain't meetin with that prick." Daryl spat, scowled at the name of the horrid man.

"Come on Daryl, I want Hershel, Allison, Mariah and you to come with me. Just in case this man has anything planned." Rick declared.

"What do we plan to do if the Governor does have something in store?" I asked curiously.

"Fight." Rick replied coldly.