Chapter 104- Walkin' Away

"Hear that?" Daryl asked, leaning against the tree.

"Sounds like a couple of coons making love sweet love." Merle commented before rotating his hips.

I rolled my eyes and listened close to hear the sound of a baby. "No its a baby." Daryl commented. I nodded in agreement, Daryl and I both moved in the direction the sound was coming from. A second later we burst from the tree line beside a small river, Yellow Jacket creek to be exact, above was an overpass.

People stood on top, firing away at walkers that tried to attack their family.

"Come on!" Daryl urged,

"Don't have to tell me twice." I mumbled before we sped off to the overpass.

Merle made more comments from behind and he started to follow us.

We reached the over pass and I took the sword off my back. "Go to the car, I'll save their ass's." I said, shoving Daryl towards the car.

He took off and bypassed the walkers. I quickly approached the two men that were basically surrounded by walkers.

I stuck my sword through the first one, my sword plunging through its head.

I moved to the next one, this time decapitating it. I fought through the walkers as Merle looked on.

"Are you going to help?!" I called out before ending another walker.

"Nope." Merle replied.

I spun to hit the next walker but it caught me off guard. It shoved me to the ground and my sword skidded across the road. "Shit." I mumbled just before the walker crashed down on top of me.

I shoved it off and started to crawl over to my sword when it grabbed my foot and bit into my shoe.

Now I definitely needed new shoes. I kicked the walker off of my boot and continued to crawl to my sword.

This walker was persistent, I'll give it that. The walker came down again, its snapping jaws inches from my face.

"Hey baby bro, think your gal here needs some help." Merle shouted from the car he leaned on.

"MERLE! Do somethin'!" Daryl yelled while he tried to fight off more walkers.

Merle sighed as I continued to struggle with the walker "Fine, but you owe me!" He yelled before strolling over to me.

He picked up my sword and stood over top of the walker and I. In one swift motion he stabbed the sword through the walkers head, the tip of the sword was an inch from my nose.

I stared at it and waited for Merle to pull the sword out. After a minute he finally did.

I glared at Merle and stood up, "Can I have my sword now?" I asked before reaching for my sword.

Merle chuckled and moved the sword out of my reach. I scowled and brushed past Merle.

I bent down near a fallen walker and plucked one of Daryl's arrows out of its head.

I moved down near the car where a screaming baby and its mother sat. A walker was crawling through the back hatch and I ran to Daryl.

"Save them, I got this one." I said eyeing the last stray walker.

"Careful." Daryl mumbled before heading to the car.

I waited for the walker to run at me, the fresh scent of food making it crave my flesh underneath its rotting teeth. Sure enough the walker turned and charged at me. I held the arrow out precisely where it's head would be in a minute.