Chapter 107- Odd Man Out

I leaned against the railing over looking the cell block Glenn, Maggie, Rick, Daryl, Hershel and Michonne discussed the plan of action below.

"Merle's stayin'!" Daryl yelled from below and I rolled my eyes.

"Seriously? You're debating this again?!" I yelled from up top.

Daryl jumped up the steps and I watched the group from below. "Are they still moaning about Merle?" I whispered to Daryl.

Daryl sighed and nodded. "Glenn ain't happy bout Merle, don't trust 'em." Daryl mumbled.

"They'll get used to it." I reassured. Daryl nodded and I turned to face him.
I held both his hands, my thumb moved over top of his rough skin.

"Are you okay?" I asked Daryl, looking deep into his crystal blue eyes. He narrowed his eyes and studied my face.

"Why wouldn't I be okay?" He asked.

I looked to the floor and sighed. "I don't know.. It's just with Merle being here, and Woodbury.. We haven't really had any time to talk." I said quietly.

"Whatcha wanna talk bout?" Daryl asked.

"How bout this." I said, raising my hand and showing my ring to Daryl.

"What bout it?" He asked, staring into my eyes.

"When are we gonna go? Just randomly grab Hershel and sneak off?" I asked.

Daryl chuckled and I smiled "How bout we live through this fight then we'll talk bout it." Daryl suggested.

I smiled and leaned back against the railing. "Alright, I agree." I replied.

"Come on, we should get ready." Daryl replied. I nodded and we hopped down the steps.

Daryl and I walked past Hershel and Merle, sitting in their cell having a conversation.

I leaned in closer to hear what Merle was saying.

"He'll save Rick for last so he can watch his family and friends die ugly. That's who you're dealing with." Merle explained.

I pinched the bridge of my nose and kept moving, that was the last thing I wanted to deal with.

The Governor would kill us all, murder us all painfully in the same room so we could hear each other scream for help.

I was expecting Merle to say that too, since he seemed to know the Governors plan for everything.

----------------------------------------------

*Several hours later*

----------------------------------------------

"I've done a lot of things I ain't proud of, before and after." Merle said to Michonne. "I hope we can move past this." Merle muttered before standing up and heading towards the exit.

I sat on the floor next to Daryl, his arm around my shoulder and I clutched his hand.

If me and Daryl only had a small amount of time together, then I wasn't leaving his side.

With this fight with the Governor, you never knew who could die next. For all we know they could run in at any moment and shoot us.

The squeaky hinges of the Prison door echoed off the Prison walls and Carl ran inside.

"What's wrong?" I asked in alarm.

"Where's my dad?" Carl asked, looking around the Prison.

"Carl, what's going on?" I asked again. Daryl stood to his feet and offered me a hand.