Chapter 27- Full Decontamination

My eye's fluttered open when someone coughed. I sat up and looked around, not seeing anyone, I turned and saw Daryl sitting up in the bed, waiting for me.

"Took you long enough." He mumbled. He got up from the bed and grabbed a nicely folded pile of clothes. "Here, I'm starvin', hurry up."

I caught the clothes and stood up. "You didn't have to wait for me you know."

He shrugged as I walked by him. I walked into the bathroom and threw on my clothes. They were washed, and smelt like lavender. I braided my hair back and washed out my mouth. I opened the bathroom door and Daryl was leaning against the wall, his bag on his back and his bow in his hands. "Why are you packed?" I questioned him.

He frowned and looked at the floor. "I don't trust it."

He didn't trust it? Why not? What didn't he trust? I picked my swords up off the bed and strung them to my back.

"What don't you trust?" I questioned him.

He looked up into my eyes. "I got a bad feelin', I always trust my gut." He commented.

I shrugged and grabbed my bag. Maybe we weren't safe here, who knows? I pulled my bag over my shoulder and walked to the door. I walked through and started down the hallway, heading for the elevator. We rode to the top and dropped our bags off where we came in.

Then we came down back down to the cafeteria floor. We walked down the hallway into the cafeteria.

The most delicious smell I've ever inhaled, swarmed my nostrils as we entered the room.

"Mmmm, something smells good." I said as I sat down in a chair next to Lori.

Daryl plopped down next to me. Glenn sat across from us moaning and clutching his forehead.

T-Dog walked over, egg's in his pan. He pushed some onto Glenn's plate and Rick walked into the room.

He sat down beside Carl, and motioned for T-Dog to come over. "Are you hung over? Mom said you'd be." Carl questioned anxiously.

"Mom is right." Rick stated, shoveling egg into his mouth. I wanted to say something, ask what happened to Shane, but I kept my mouth shut.

Dale, on the other hand didn't have as much patience. "What happened to Shane's body?" Dale asked Rick.

Rick cringed at the mention of Shane's name and I knew it must be hard for him to accept his friends death. Rick sighed and pushed his eggs around on his plate. "Jenner's gonna examine his body, tell us if anythings different."

Dale nodded and started to eat. I looked over at Daryl and he inhaled his food, not even taking time to chew.

I rolled my eyes and ate my eggs civilized, actually taking time to eat my food. My father always told me that the slower you eat, the fuller you feel, which of course was total bullshit.

Jenner walked in, and went straight to the coffee pot. He poured himself an oversized cup of coffee and drank thirstily.

Dale stopped eating and stared at Jenner."Doctor, I don't mean to barge you with questions first thing in the-" Jenner interrupted the old man.

"But you will anyways." Jenner sighed and walked towards the door. "Follow me." He commanded.

Everyone started to get up, and leave their food. I got up to and yanked Daryl up to his feet, making him groan. I pulled him along with everyone else and I followed the group down a hallway until we entered a large room.

Computers and technology cluttered the room, a large dark screen was at the front.

"Vi, power up the workstations." Jenner commanded. The computers turned on at the same time.