Chapter 60- Saviour

I wasn't sure whether I should scream, cry or be quiet. If I screamed maybe someone would hear me and come help. If I was quiet then I could just suffocate to death, it would hurt to loose Daryl, Tayler, Allison, Rick and everyone else but who would want to keep living in this world, I certainly didn't.

I also wanted to cry, just break down and let the tears fall rapidly. That feeling just took over me as I crawled into a ball and started to cry. Then I heard it, Rick's voice screaming my name, joined in by Glenn and Hershel's.

"I'M IN HERE!" I screamed at them, I waited hearing nothing but silence. I groaned from frustration and kicked the trunk. The moans of the walkers got louder, confirming my thoughts about the future. I sighed and felt around the trunk, hopefully finding anything of use to free myself from the trunk.

That's when I heard a car door slam. The car jerked forward, then started to move faster and faster making me roll over.

I reached for my knife quickly, just in case the person driving was a threat. I shifted so when the trunk opened I would be able to quickly stab whoever it was.

We drove for about ten minutes, probably getting away from the mass of walkers.

Then the person driving stopped, sending me flying near the back of the trunk. I heard the car door slam and the sound of something popping. I used my legs to push the trunk but I wasn't strong enough.

Then the trunk quickly popped open, flooding the dark trunk with light. Soft hands wrapped around my arms and yanked me out of the trunk.

It took my eyes a moment to adjust to the bright lighting but when they finally did, a petite blonde with big brown eyes stared back at me.

"Who the hell are you?" I asked her. "You should be nicer to a girl that saved your life." She said in a cute accent, exactly like Daryl's.

"Now, who are ya?" She asked, pointing towards me.

"I'm Mariah Beckon, now who are you and why'd you save me?" I demanded.

She smiled and got into the passenger side of the car. I narrowed my eyes and slid into the drivers seat next to her.

"Ma names Jenny Benson, the reason I saved ya? Simple, just cause the world went to shit, doesn't mean I'm gonna let innocent people die." She said calmly.

"But why would you take a chance on a stranger? Let's say I was a killer." I asked.

She sighed and I crossed my arms. "Can't someone take a chance nowadays on somebody else? I still think theres good people left." She commented.

"What do you want anyways?" I asked curiously.

"Look, I've been on ma own the entire time. I just wanna be in a group, to have a conversation with other people." She replied.

I smiled and turned the key in the admission "How can I trust you?" I asked coldly.

"Your gonna have to take a chance." She suggested. I pondered her response for a minute.

I should take her with me back to Hershel's farm, she was the one that saved my life and she took a chance on me. I pulled the gear shift out of park and quickly put it on drive. I pressed down on the gas pedal and soon we were flying down the highway towards Hershel's farm.

"Look Jenny, we have some rules I need to discuss with you." I commented. She nodded and stared at the road a head of us.

"First off, if you try anything and I mean anything then I will find you, cut off your limbs, and feed your torso to the walkers." I said coldly, reusing the same threat I've used many times.