Chapter 113- Sanctuary

"So I met this Governor," Rick started to say to the group.

We stood in a crowd around Rick, waiting for him to speak and tell us what he worked out.

I stood beside Daryl, My eyes following Rick's every movement. "We sat down for quite a while," He continued.

"Just the two of ya?" Merle asked from across the room, a hint of surprise edging into his coarse voice.

Rick nodded and Merle shook his head and made his way to the exit "Shoulda gone while we had the chance hm?" Merle asked, pushing past Maggie.

Rick ignored him and I focused back on Rick "He wants the Prison." Rick commented.

"Theres a surprise." I mumbled under my breath. Rick glanced my way but I quickly glued my mouth shut.

I don't mean to be rude to Rick, I just feel angry and upset about this whole thing! I mean, this random man attacks us then asks for OUR Prison? The place WE found sanctuary in. It boiled my blood, and I will do anything in my power to keep this Prison.

"He wants us gone..... Dead. He wants us dead." Rick's eyes flickered around the room while he paused "For what we did to Woodbury. We're going to war." Rick finished.

His words rang through my ears as Rick exited the room.

Dread clawed itself into my heart and I could feel my body tense at Rick's words. No matter how hard we try now, we may die. This man, this Governor was going to try to take everything I love.

I can't let that happen, not now. We've come so far. We can't go all this way, Jason's death couldn't have been meaningless.

No, we were going to fight. I was going to fight until I feel to my knees in battle, I wasn't going to stop until I knew this building was safe.

Daryl scared me out of my thoughts, his large hand gently laying on my shoulder.

"You look kinda sick, you feelin' alright?" Daryl whispered softly. I opened my mouth to say something but found no words.

"Come here." Daryl ordered as he pulled me into a tight hug. I buried my face into his chest and breathed in his scent.

"We can't loose this." I whispered into his chest, he picked up a lock of my hair and twirled it between his fingers as he thought of the words to respond.

"We won't." He replied calmly, I backed up and looked into his baby blue eyes.

"How do you know?" I asked quietly.

He tilted his head and brought his face close to mine. "When you love somethin', ya gotta fight for it." He replied soothingly.

He leaned in and gently kissed my forehead, I smiled at him warmly and he stepped back.

"Go get some rest, you need your sleep." Daryl ordered. I rolled my eyes and walked to the room.

"Sir, yes sir!" I called over my shoulder before popping into the room.

I fell onto the mattress and much to my surprise fell asleep.