Chapter 83- Prisoner

I looked down at Hershel's bleeding leg. If we were lucky, he would live. But who knew anymore? He was the only one with medicine knowledge, the only one.

We needed Hershel, not just because he was the only person with medical experience, but because he was family.

He was like the grandfather I never had. "Who are they?" Carl asked in alarm, pointing to the prisoners.

"Prisoners." Rick muttered before moving towards them.

"What do we do?" I asked.

"Dunno, let's see what Rick does." Jason replied. I nodded and looked at Rick.

Rick was saying things to the prisoners, too low for me to hear. The man that had tried to kill me scowled and shook his head.

"This is our Prison, and you're not taking it." The man yelled. Rick tilted his head and crossed his arms. He continued to speak to the group in a low tone, then Daryl walked to his side with his crossbow.

"Do what the man says." Daryl yelled at the prisoners. Two of them jumped back in alarm while the others stood their ground.

The leader of the prisoners, the brunette with brown curly hair nodded and looked towards our groups before turning on his heels.

Rick and Daryl followed and I trailed after them. "Where are you going?!" Tayler shouted after me.

"To help." I yelled back. I followed them and we got to the cafeteria. "Whats the plan?" I asked Rick quietly.

"We help them clear out a cell block, and we take half their supplies." Rick said harshly.

My jaw dropped as I looked behind us. "You're kidding right?" I asked. Rick looked at me confused and I shook my head.

"You're letting prisoners live in the same building as us? PRISONERS! People that broke the rules!" I yelled.

Rick looked at me in alarm and I threw my hands up in the air. "You're letting these people live with Carl and Lori?! What about the baby! Are you even thinking!" I screamed.

"Calm down Mariah. They're not in the same cell block." Rick said calmly.

I shook my head and pulled out Daryl's knife. "No Rick, if you can't make the decisions, then I will." I spat.

I ran at the brunette, he didn't even know I was coming. I grabbed his shoulder and pulled my arm back. I tried to rip it forward, to plunge the knife into his chest but some force stopped me.

I turned and glared at Rick. "We don't kill the living." Rick growled.

"We do now." I screamed trying to stab the prisoner who was now preparing to defend himself.

Daryl walked over, took the knife from my hand, kicked my leg which made me fall to the ground.

He caught me before I fell and he threw me over his shoulder. "DARYL YOU PUT ME DOWN RIGHT NOW!" I screamed frantically.

Daryl didn't answer, he just walked all the way back to or cell block while I screamed and abused his back.

T-Dog stared at us as Daryl threw me down on the bed of a random cell block.

"Your allowed out when ya can behave yourself." Daryl growled. I laughed and stood up.

"You think you can give me a time out?" I asked, challenging him.

Daryl smirked and turned quickly. He slipped out of the cell and shut the door. He locked the door just as I reached it.

"LET ME OUT!" I screamed frantically. Daryl shook his head and whispered something to Glenn and T-Dog.

Daryl handed Glenn the key to the cell I was in before running to Rick with T-Dog behind him.

I screamed in frustration and kicked the mattress.

What just happened?