Chapter 87- Is their Normal?

Ryan and Rick walked into the main Prison compound and my stomach tightened.

I didn't like the idea of Ryan having freedom, but Rick was right. We couldn't let Ryan just rot in a cell block.

I moved closer to Daryl and he hung his arm over my shoulder. I wasn't sure what type of relationship Daryl and I had before, but this all felt familiar.

The way he acted, it made my life feel semi normal. Then again I live in a apocalypse so there is no such thing as normal.

I bit my lip as Ryan blended into our group. "Have we heard from the other prisoners yet?" Lori asked curiously.

Rick shook his head and refused to look at Lori. It made my heart throb for the women. She made a mistake, she's human. Rick can't even look her in the eye and it makes me want to slap him.

I stayed out of their problems, I had enough of my own. When I looked at Ryan a man's image flashed through my mind.

Dark haired man, curly hair, big nose, big ears. His name started with a S? I squeezed my eyes and Shanes image came to mind.

Shane, the man that tried to break my bestfriend, my sister. His name sent shivers through me and I looked away from Ryan.

Everyone started to disperse and I walked away with Daryl. The sun was already starting to set and I was tired as I ever could be.

"Im tired, I'm going to get some rest." I said to Daryl before kissing his check. He nodded and moved towards Rick.

"Night mer." He called out before talking to Rick. I crawled under the thin blanket and listened to the sounds of the prison.

After a while everyone started to go to sleep, the prison went silent. My eyes stayed open though.

Even after Daryl came in, I couldn't manage to sleep. I sighed and felt the urge to go to the bathroom.

I got up and stumbled around in the darkness. I nearly fell down the stairs as I tried to make my way to the makeshift bathroom. I almost reached it when I noticed a shadow moving behind me. I turned to see Ryan moving towards me with a black sack.

I opened my mouth to scream but Ryans lips fell against mine. I pushed him off and tried to scream.

This time he put a knife to my throat. "Move." He hissed, pushing me towards the door.

I gulped and put my hands in the air like he motioned. I took deep breaths and tried to make as much noise as possible.

Much to my dismay everyone seemed to be out cold. We stepped outside and Ryan spun me around.

"What?" I screamed at him.

"Sorry." He mumbled. I looked at him confused, the next thing I knew he had a gun in hand, pointed at my forehead.