Chapter 48- Apology Accepted

"So are you going to apologize?" I asked Carol impatiently.

She frowned and sighed miserably. "I really want to like you Mariah. But I don't know what to say."

"Carol, you sorta shot me in the leg. I was bedridden for a month!" I yelled, unable to contain my anger.

"It was an accident!" She yelled back at me.

"You still haven't apologized." I said crossing my arms.

"Why do you want me to apologize so bad?" She questioned me, her eyes narrowing.

"Because it's rude when you don't! I deserve something for being stuck in a bed for a month!" I yelled.

"Alright I'm sorry." She whispered.

I nodded "Thank you." I mumbled.

I stood up and left without another word. I ducked out of the tent and walked over to Glenn.

"Hey Glenn." I said calmly. He looked at me for a minute then looked out into the horizon.

"Hey Mariah, leg feel alright?" He asked sadly.

I rolled my eyes at him. "You don't need to ask me that Glenn." I said jokingly.

He didn't say anything just stared at the trees in the horizon. "Whats wrong Glenn?" I asked quickly.

He looked at me sadly, thoughts clouding his eyes. "Can I talk to you about something?" He asked quietly.

I nodded and put a hand on his shoulder. "Of course Glenn, you can tell me anything." I said comfortingly.

"You're a girl right?" He started.

"No Glenn, I'm a dude." I said sarcastically. I frowned and gave me a dirty look.

"Sorry, continue." I mumbled.

"How do you get a girl to like you?" He asked hopefully.

I blinked and looked at Glenn, he looked really nervous and jumpy. "Who's the lucky gal?" I asked.

"Promise not to tell anyone?" He said quickly, looking around the area. I nodded and put a hand over my heart. "Scouts honour."

"Maggie." He said barley above a whisper. I smiled and looked around for Maggie.

"Well, she usually goes on runs into town. Why don't you go with her next time?" I said thoughtfully.

Glenn smiled and nodded his head. "That sounds perfect!" He said happily.

"Just one thing." I said before Glenn had a chance to leave.

"What?" He asked quickly.

"They don't believe in killing walkers alright, if you run into any ignore them. If they attack you, kill them." I said quickly.

"They don't believe in killing them? Are they crazy?!" He yelled.

I nodded my head "It's Hershel's idea alright? Just go along with it." I said quickly.

Glenn frowned and nodded. "Fine, I won't kill them right away." He said irritatedly.

I nodded and Glenn walked off to find Maggie. I looked around to see Tayler and Allison shouting at each other in the camp. I ran over quickly, hoping to settle any type of dispute that was going on. "You can't date him!" Allison shouted at Tayler.

"Why not? He doesn't have to listen to you, you're not his mother!" Tayler shouted back.

"What the hell is going on?" I yelled at them. Allison turned so I could see her face.

Anger filled her eyes, her face was in a permanent scowl. "I caught Tayler kissing Alex!" Allison shouted at me.

I raised an eyebrow and looked at Tayler. "Is that true? You kissed Alex?" I said in astonishment.

"He kissed me first!" Tayler yelled at Allison.

"So what's the problem?" I asked Allison in confusion.

"It's my little brother thats the problem!" Allison yelled. I sighed and rubbed my forehead.

"So in other words you just don't want Alex dating girls yet, meanwhile you're both like twenty three years old." I said trying to reason with Allison.

She blinked at me for a moment, trying to figure out what to say. "So you're taking Tayler's side, I see how it is." Allison said sadly.

"No, I just think you should let Alex make his own decisions." I said quietly. Allison sighed and looked down at the ground.

"I'm going to go find Alex now that this is all sorted out, is that alright Allison?" Tayler said quietly,

Allison waved her off and Tayler bounced away quickly, looking for Alex. "Are you just worried it won't end well?" I asked Allison. She nodded and looked up at me.

"Don't worry, I've had to deal with this too. The best thing to do, is just leave it alone and let them be happy." I said, trying to help comfort Allison.

She nodded and looked over at the well's. "What's going on over there?"she asked me, pointing to a group of people surrounding a well.

"I don't know, wanna go check it out?" I asked curiously. She nodded and we started to walk over to the well.

Glenn, Maggie, T-Dog, Andrea, Dale, Lori, and Ryan stood around the well.

"What's going on?" Allison asked the group. T-dog pointed into the well and we peered in.

A bloated walker sat at the bottom, snarling at the well walls. "Shit." Was the only word I could muttered.