Chapter 19- Car Sick

We drove for about ten minutes before the RV came to a screeching halt. Daryl slammed on the breaks, making us almost smashed into Shane's jeep.

Daryl swore under his breath and shut the truck off. He got out angrily and ran up to the RV.

I followed behind, The rest of the group behind me. Taylor fluttered out from the RV and threw up.

I rushed to her side. "Are you okay?"

She stood up and wiped the vomit from her face, shaking her head miserably before moaning.

"What's going on?" Shane asked someone from behind us. I turned around and Jacque was shaking her head.

"Jim's bit!" She called out.

I spun around and reached for my knife. I panicked when I didn't feel the smooth grooves of the handle, but remembered that I gave it to Taylor, who just bent over and puked again.

Jason came to my side. "She's just car sick."

I sighed and rubbed her back as she moaned.

Rick sighed and put his head in his hands. "If we can get to the CDC, we can find him help."

Jason whirled around and stared at Rick. "Theres no way in hell that I'm riding in a car with someone that's infected." Jason yelled, Jim stumbled out of the RV, clutching his side.

Daryl leaned casually against the RV behind Jim. I looked to his hands, he had a knife and I could tell he was prepared to use it. Daryl took a step forward, and Rick was on him, a gun to his head. "We don't kill the living."

Daryl shoved the knife into his pocket. "Funny comin' from a man holdin' a gun to ma head." Daryl snapped back.

Jacque convinced Jim to go back inside and lay down. She helped him up and helped him to the RV.

Rick sighed and shoved the gun into his belt. "How about we ask Jim what he wants?" Lori suggested.

Rick nodded. "I'll go in." Rick hopped into the RV before anyone else could argue.

Taylor let out a moan and I helped her stand, since she looked like she would fall over. "How are you feeling?" Jason questioned.

She frowned and clutched her stomach. "Like I was hit by a bus."

I tried to hide my laugh, but was very successful. Taylor hit my shoulder lightly and I smiled. After a minute of silence Rick climbed out of the RV.

Rick rubbed his forehead and looked at us. "Jim's not doing so good. He says he wants us to leave him here."

Loris eyes widened as she stared at Rick like he was insane. "Is he lucid?"

Rick nodded, "He appears to be."

No one else really spoke up, Shane sighed and went into the RV. He came out a second later, helping a very bad looking Jim.

Rick came over and helped Shane out with Jim. They hobbled over to a big tree and helped him lay down.

We circled around Jim and waited for him to say something, Rick was the first one to break the silence.

"Are you okay here? Are you sure you want to do this?"

Jim closed his eyes, and relaxed back into the tree. "Yeah, the breeze feels nice."

Rick took a step away and walked towards the vehicles. Shane handed Jim a knife. "Just in case you need to opt out."

Jim shook his head. "You'll need it more than I do."

Shane sighed and took the knife back. He walked back over to his truck, Jason followed him. They were talking for a moment then Shane nodded and Jason came over to us.

"Taylor, you're going to ride with Shane okay?" Jason said.

Taylor nodded and walked over to the jeep.

"What? You're letting Shane ride with Taylor?" I barked out.

Jason nodded. "I'm letting you ride with Daryl aren't I?" He said. "Look, Shane's jeep is more open. She won't feel as sick riding in that, then she will the RV."

I narrowed my eyes at him before nodding slightly he strolled away towards the RV.

I shook my head and turned back to Jim. Jacque had just said good bye, so had Dale.

No one else really connected with Jim other than those two, it was basically Jacque and Dale that were his friends.

I wasn't going to say good bye like this though. I walked towards Jim and crouched down.

"Hey Jim, I'm sorry this happened to you." Jim opened his eyes and looked into mine.

"Keep fighting, don't ever give up."

I nodded, feeling the reality of the situation really hit me. "Good bye Jim."

He slowly shut his eyes and nodded back at me. "Bye."

Daryl honked his horn and I walked over to the pick up. Everyone else was already in their vehicles, ready to leave Jim behind.

I climbed in and stared at Jim. The poor man, he wanted to be with his family yet he was going to become a walker.

I leaned my head against the window, looking out into the horizon. A few walkers were wandering around the fields. Every once in a while we'd come across an empty car, or a small group of walkers. We never came across one survivor, while we were on the road. Daryl never talked. Just paid attention to the road.

It started to get dark, and we were getting close. "So, you have a crush on Glenn?" He said randomly.

I looked at Daryl surprised. "No? Where would you get that idea?"

He shrugged. "Your friend's got a thing for Shane, so I figured you'd have one yourself."

I laughed and looked at him. "I don't have a 'thing' for anyone Dixon, no one here's made any advances and I haven't made any either."

Daryl had a look of surprise on his face for a moment then it quickly went back to normal. I sighed and looked out the window. It was getting dark, we might have to camp. Just as I thought it, we pulled over and Daryl got out of the truck.

The giant building loomed in the horizon, and I could actually see the bodies stacked around it. All the CDC looked like at the moment, was death.