Chapter 61- True Beauty

I walked towards the camp, my hand in Daryl's hand. His crossbow on his back and my swords slung over mine. We walked towards Rick and Ryan, them both arguing over what to do with someone.

"We should just kill him. We can't let him go, he and his buddies will come along and kill us!" Ryan yelled.

I narrowed my eyes and looked at Rick "Whats going on?" I asked curiously.

"Why don't you run along and play games with your boyfriend." Ryan mocked.

I put my hands on my hips and looked at Rick, he sighed and ignored Ryan's comment. "When we were attacked last night, we saved a kid, now we don't know what to do with him." Rick said sadly.

I nodded and looked towards the barn where they must be holding him. "Can I talk to him?" I asked curiously.

Rick shook his head and looked at Ryan "He'll be gone soon, I don't want you to get wrapped up in this whole thing." He said.

I narrowed my eyes and crossed my arms "How come you two get to do all the decision making?" I whined.

Daryl rolled his eyes and looked at Rick "Come on." Daryl urged as he pulled me away from Rick and Ryan.

I let out a dying sound and lightly punched Daryl in the arm "Why does everyone treat me like a little kid! I could easily kick all your ass's!" I screamed at him.

He laughed and he steered me towards the stables. "Where are we going?" I asked curiously, knowing we were probably going to hijack another horse.

"Somewhere special." He commented. I shrugged and he helped me up onto the horse, climbing on a second after me.

I pulled his cross bow over his head and placed it on my back. I wrapped my arms around his waist and he quickly made the horse move forward.

We got to the main road after jumping the fence, which nearly killed me. We rode for a long time, it probably took two or three hours. But as we rode I counted the walkers that wandered the roads or the fields. Thankfully we came across no herds or any fast walkers that could attack us.

I looked to the horizon and noticed a few house's, not like a city but a very small spread out community. We rode down the highway, passing several small groups of walkers. One walker jumped out at us, scaring the horse.

Daryl quickly calmed it down and sped around the walkers. After a minute we were back to the original pattern of random walkers.

Then we took a sharp turn down an old, worn down grass pathway. We rode for a few minutes with huge tree's towering over us on both sides.

"Where are we?" I asked, taking in the height of the tree's surrounding us. "Somewhere." Daryl mocked.

I rolled my eyes and looked past him. Then it opened up, a beautiful crystal clear lake stood in front of me.

Wildflower and grass littered the area around it and huge tree's protected the area almost like a fence.

My jaw dropped as I stared at the magnificent scene. Daryl stopped the horse and hopped off.

He loosely tied the horse to the tree and helped me off the horse. I took off my weapons but kept the knife in my boot, it's saved my life more than once so I basically relied on it for protection.

Daryl took his shirt off then his pants. I giggled as he jumped into the lake wearing only his boxers. He popped up a minute later, his shaggy hair soaked and pointing in several different directions.

"You comin'?" He asked as he stood up, showing off his impressive chest. I raised a brow and put my hands on my hips.

"I don't have a bathing suit." I teased. He rolled his eyes and swam towards the edge of the lake, towards me.

"You might wanna take your shirt and pants off unless ya wanna get soakin' wet." He said as he walked out of the water. He walked towards me quickly and tackled me to the ground. He pulled my boot off then went for my other one. As he did the knife fell out of the boot sliding onto the grass. He dropped the boot and picked up the knife.

"Can't believe ya still got this, thought you'd loose it by now." He said as he slid the knife back into the boot and laid the shoe on the ground.

He grabbed my legs and threw me over his shoulder, "WAIT! Let me take off my-" I started to say.

It was too late. The warm water surrounded me as I fell into the blue lake. It was small and cute, probably a fresh water spring or something like that. I kicked my legs and swam to the surface, the clothes weighing me down.

Since he threw me in I was gonna play a little joke on that redneck."Daryl! I can't swim!" I screamed as I went back underwater, coughing and flailing my arms as if I really couldn't.

I waited a moment and then Daryl was there, his arms wrapped around my waist and he dragged me to shore. I laughed at him as he looked down at me with concern in his eyes.

I laughed when he laid me down on the soft grass.

He frowned and looked around nervously. He leaned over top of me and I lifted my head and he closed the space between us, pushing my head back against the soft grass.

I reached my hand up and cupped his check with my hand. He placed his arms on both sides of me and I ran my free hand threw his wet hair.

His soft lips crashed against mine, sending waves of excitement and fear through me. I always was afraid to kiss a man after Ryan, I was afraid things would get too heated and go to far.

My father had always told me that you make love to the ones you love and that's all. But I foolishly had ignored his saying up until I was finished with Ryan. I pulled him closer so my chest was against his, the space between us closed.

His entire body laid against mine, the clothing being the only thing that separated our bodies.

Then we heard it, a dying sound. I knew it was walkers, no one needed to tell me that. Daryl yanked me to my feet and scanned the area. He pulled his clothes on so fast that I still hadn't been able to locate the walkers.

I looked into the tree's to see a few walkers emerging from the dark forest. "Daryl!" I shouted and pointed to the walkers.

I heard a loud screeching sound and turned to look at the horse being devoured by walkers. I quickly yanked on my boots, the knife cutting my foot.

Daryl grabbed my arm and picked up our weapons. "COME ON!" He shouted as he pulled me down the long grass path.

I turned my head to look behind us. Walkers were close on our heels, "Daryl! They're closing in!" I shouted.

He looked back and pulled my arm to go faster. I could finally make out the long road which was the highway.

We moved faster, gaining more speed as we ran. After a few more moments we reached the long highway. Daryl turned right, pulling me back towards the way we came to the little area.

My wet clothes clung to me closely and chafed as we ran down the road. The little community came into view, walkers stumbling around it.

We were so screwed.