Chapter 95- Rise and Fall

"Twenty nine, thirty!" Glenn shouted as Hershel pounded on Daryls chest.

"Mariah, give him a breath." Hershel ordered. I blinked rapidly and plugged Daryl's nose. I vaguely remember how to do CPR, I mean I've never had to use it so I forgot it.

I tilted his head back, I took a deep breath and put my lips against Daryl's.

I pushed the air into Daryl's mouth before coming up for a second breath. I repeated the movement then stepped back as Hershel started to pound on his chest again.

Hershel stopped pounding and stepped back. Hershel looked down at his watch and started to speak solemnly. "Time of-" Hershel stopped mid sentence.

Daryl's chest fell once, no it didn't I imagined it. But then it rose and fell again. He was alive! Hershel did it!

I rushed to Daryl and held his hand. "Come on Daryl." I whispered. My tears fell onto his face and his lip twitched.

I traced his check with my hand and his eye twitched. "Please." I whispered, hoping he was alright.

He coughed for a second then his eyes shot open. "Daryl, I'm here." I whispered.

He stared into my eyes for a minute before shutting them again. "Daryl?" I asked, questioning the comfort I had knowing he was alive.

"Don't worry, he's exhausted. Glenn, help Mariah move him to their um room." Hershel ordered.

"Wait, what happened?" I asked, staring at Daryls chest, making sure it moved up and down.

"He must have fell and hit his head. He may have started to choke on his saliva due to unconsciousness and oxygen wasn't getting to his brain." Hershel guessed.

"But you're not sure?" I asked. Hershel shook his head and sat down, that must have taken a lot out of the poor man.

"We don't have any equipment. We'll never know." Hershel muttered. I nodded and helped Glenn pick Daryl up off the trolly.

We dragged him to the room and laid him on the bed. Glenn left quickly, not saying a word about anything.

I shrugged him off and pulled Daryls boots off. I removed his poncho and jacket so he was sleeping comfortably in a t-shirt.

I pulled the blankets around him and sat beside him. I watched the rise and fall of his chest, my eyes never leaving that area.

I only hope that Daryl will be alright, I can't loose him. I can never loose him.