Chapter 5- You Owe Us

We stood there looking in the mirror for a while. I'm not going to lie, we looked badass. We looked as if we just stepped out of a comic book. I smiled at my joke and Taylor broke my attention.

"Is anyone else thinking what I'm thinking?" She questioned.

Jason nodded. "Yeah, we should be on the roof scanning the area."

I ignored Jason and his paranoia and grinned at Taylor. "We look badass."

Jason rolled his eyes and dragged Taylor and me away from the mirror. We started walking up the stairs. It wasn't that far up but it was still a bit of a climb. We finally reached the roof and walked outside. We could see all around the city from here.

We stared down for a while, staring at the walking corpses that littered the broken city.

Jason patted my shoulder. "You keep watch up here. Taylor and I are gonna go check the rest of the place out."

I nodded and watched Taylor and Jason disappear down the stairway. Taylor suddenly appeared beside me and handed me a rifle.

"Here, use this to see." She passed me the sniper rifle. I nodded and she ran back down to the stairwell.

I searched around using only my eyes since scopes irritated me, just like regular guns. I walked around the edge of the building. After a while I noticed most of the freaks were fleeing to the street closest to the department store.

I peered through the scope. Six figures were sprinting down the far side of the street.

People? Were they people?

Yes! They were people. I dropped the rifle and sprinted down the steps. I ran past our floor to the bottom.

I got outside just in time, they were about to pass our store. "HEY! OVER HERE!" I shouted.

They all looked my way in surprise and sprinted towards me. They ducked inside and I quickly shut the door behind us.

I kept my sword out as I watched the new strangers. A few corpses banged on the glass outside, but they'd give up in a moment once they realized it was useless.

"Who are you?" I questioned them instantly.

A slim asian boy spoke up with thick black hair sticking out underneath a baseball cap. "Who are you?" He shot back.

I let out a cold laugh. "Shouldn't you be nice to the woman that just saved your ass?"

A redneck looking man stood up straight from his leaning position and looked towards me. "Like the way you think blondie, names Merle." He grunted.

"I'm Glenn." The asian with thick black hair said.

The other four people; Jacque, Morales, T-Dog and some blonde who I didn't catch her name, introduced themselves one after the other.

Once their little introduction was over, I reminded myself that people were different now. I couldn't trust them, yet anyways.

"So now that I know your names, why are you here?" I asked icily.

Morales sighed and looked me in the eye with a strong gaze. "We were getting supplies for our group when we got stuck in the store. The geeks were starting to surround and we made a break for it."

"I see." I simply replied.

"Who are you?" The blonde blurted out suddenly, curiosity clearly getting the better of her. I think her name was Angelica or something. I reached for my knife at my hip and played with it in my hand, doing small tricks with it just scare her a little.