Chapter 86- just go

A fired the gun, hitting the walker in front of me. "Good Mariah." Rick said supportively.

The dead walker collapsed to the ground and I took a deep breath. "Can I have something to eat?" I asked, holding my stomach.

Rick sighed but nodded. "Beth, Lori, or Carol can help, do you remember who they are?" Rick said.

I nodded and stepped inside the Prison. This life was strange, I mean I met everyone in the group and each person gave me some of my memories back.

Its been nearly a week since I lost my memory, Daryl's explained it to me over and over but I still can't comprehend what happened.

I mean how can someone just forget? Their family, their friends, their hobbies, their life? It didn't seem right.

I smiled warmly at Carol, something about her seemed wrong but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Carol do you have something I can eat?" I asked hopefully. She nodded and handed me a can of uncooked soup.

"Thanks." I mumbled looking down at the gross food. I had no idea how to make this into real soup.

I noticed Lori, sitting at a table by herself and I decided to join her. "Lori, can I sit with you?" I asked.

Lori smiled happily and motioned for me to sit down. "Now, any more of your memory come back hun?" Lori asked lovingly.

I sighed and looked down at the can. "No, I mean you would think by now I would remember." I said.

Lori nodded and we made small talk for a bit. "Mariah?" Tayler called from the hallway.

"I'm in here Tayler." I yelled back. I clutched the amulet that hung around. my neck, this was terrible.

I couldn't even remember my own parents. Tayler told me about the amulet I was wearing, about how it was my mothers. Tayler walked in slowly, with some black sword in hand. "Remember this?" She asked.

I took the sword she handed me and pulled it from the sheath. A picture fluttered out and fell to the floor. I picked it up to see a younger looking Daryl. I clutched my head and squeezed my eyes shut.

It was coming back, me and Daryl. We went to his house, we were attacked by something. Walkers!

"I remember!" I said holding the picture close.

"How much?!" Tayler exclaimed.

"The day I got this picture! We were on some farm, no Hershel's farm. Yes, me and Daryl were on a run or something." I mumbled.

I pushed my brain to work harder than I felt like crying as I saw a old man with a fisherman's hat on the ground, his guts spilling everywhere.

This wasn't anyone, this was Dale. "Dale." I said, looking at Tayler.

"You remember him!" She said happily.

I nodded solemnly and rubbed my head. I groaned and sat back down at the table.

"I think Allison wanted to talk to you about Ryan." Tayler said quietly, scanning the room.

Great, for whatever reason I remembered every little thing about Ryan.

Everything from the past and everything past when we found him, Allison and Alex. I remembered all three of them well, but Ryan was the one I remembered the best.

"Do you know where Allison is?" I asked, standing from the table.

"Ya, she's guarding Ryans cell." Tayler said.

"Bye." I called out to Lori and Tayler as I walked to Allison. Ryan stared at me curiously as I approached, my heart beating as fast as it could.

"What?" I growled, angry that I felt my heart going faster and faster.

"Ryan wanted to talk to you." Allison said irritatedly.

I nodded and she almost ran down the hallway, away from us. "What?" I asked Ryan.

He stood up and gripped the bars with his hands, leaning his forehead between the centre bar.

"Do you remember me?" He asked sarcastically.

"What the hell is that suppose to mean?!" I asked angrily.

"It means, I don't like the little act your playing." He said. I tilted my head and walked towards him.

"I don't care what you like Ryan." I growled.

"Is that so?" He asked backing up.

"You're crazy Ryan." I yelled, turning away from him.

"How so? Rick wouldn't have killed Randal, or set him free. He was putting us all in danger. He was putting you in danger." Ryan mumbled.

"Enough!" I barked. "Stop it! You don't love me! You ruined my life! I don't like you Ryan!" I yelled, my anger getting the best of me.

Ryan raised his eye brow and sat back down on the bed. "But I do love you Mariah. I'm never gonna hate you. Don't you see? This apocalypse brought us back together, we're meant to be." Ryan stated.

I pursed my lips and walked away. I was not dealing with his problems, I didn't care how or what he felt at all.

I just wanted him gone, and my memory back.