Chapter 110- A hunter becoming the hunted

Start from the beginning

I looked up at the cliff and couldn't see anything there. I stared at the cliff in confusion, waiting for a walker to fall over the edge to see what happened.

But instead I heard voices, not Daryl's or anyone I recognized, just voices of men and women.

I was about to go back to the cliff and look for Daryl when he popped up beside me and started to drag me to shore.

"Where are we going?" I hissed as we swam as quiet as possible. Daryl pointed his finger down the river bed to a old cabin.

I nodded and we swam up to the shore. We ran to the cabin, trying to stay hidden from the people on the cliff.

We neared the old cabin and just by looking at it, you could tell no one lived in it.

The wooden boards were all rotted, almost falling off the side of the cabin. The rood had dark shingles almost falling off and one crumbly chimney stood with it's bricks slanted and falling out of place.

We reached the cabin, and ran around to the other side. Daryl rammed into the back door twice before it burst open.

I slammed it shut behind us and two walkers that laid on the floor stirred and sat up.

"You take the left, I got the right." Daryl ordered. I nodded and pulled my knife from my boot.

The walkers growled and by the looks of their grey decomposed flesh, they were an old couple living in the woods.

The one on the left looked to be a female, her dirty pink dress and long tangled grey hair gave it away.

I ran forwards and put my foot on the walkers chest so she couldn't get up. I kneeled down and pressed my knife into her cold, dead skull.

She stopped her squirming and I pulled my knife from the skull. Daryl was already dragging the man's dead body out the back door and I copied him with the women.

We laid them so they were sitting up leaning on each other. "Those people might be lookin' for us, I dunno if they saw us but who cares." Daryl said in a hushed tone. "We'll wait in here till night fall then split." Daryl added. I sighed and looked around in the small cabin.

The small fire place had a rotten chunk of wood inside and a single wooden chair was beside it.

Several can's of food were placed randomly around the room and a deer head was mounted over the fire place.

Several blankets sat around the room, probably where the old couple found warmth before they died.

A wooden table sat against the front of the cabin and a broken glass window was bordered up with wood making a tiny bit of light shine through.

Besides the chair and table, no other furnishings were placed in the cabin.

Daryl picked all the cans off
and placed them on the table along with his crossbow.

I laid the bow down next to the cross bow and took off my quiver. I had lost almost ten arrows in the lake, meaning I only had ten left.

"How many arrows do you have?" I asked, hoping he had more.

"Twenty, guess I got lucky." Daryl mumbled.

I nodded and sat down on the carpet. My wet clingy clothes started to make me shiver in the cold air.

Daryl yanked his jacket off and laid it down on the table. Then his shirt, leaving his chest exposed. He unbuckled his pants and continued to strip, leaving himself standing in front of me with a pair of boxers.

He noticed my awkward/strange look and let out a soft chuckle. "Take 'em off, you'll get warmer." Daryl commented.

I shrugged and stood up, I'd do anything at this point to get warm. I quickly tugged my jacket off then my top, leaving me standing in my old black bra.

I slipped my boots off then my jeans. I stood almost nude, wearing my bra and underwear while Daryl bent down and picked up a giant fluffy blanket.

He placed it on the ground against the wall then grabbed the giant cotton one next to it.

He motioned for me to come over, completely normal as if we weren't almost naked.

We sat down against the wall and he wrapped the blanket around us, dragging me closer to him.

His body heat immediately started to warm me up as I leaned against him.

"We're gonna have to come back to camp with some food you know." I mumbled into his chest.

"Ya, hopefully we'll see somethin' before we get back."

I nodded and listened to the steady beat of his heart, the soothing sound almost putting me asleep.

He bent down slowly and kissed my forehead, I tilted my chin up so our lips could meet.

His soft gentle lips moved against mine, sending rolls of pleasure and comfort through me.

I started to lean against him, pushing him to the ground. He gently laid down and I laid on top of him, dragging my hand through his hair.

His hands moved up and down my bare back and landed on my bra strap. He froze instantly and looked into my eyes.

He parted our lips and studied my face. "Ya sure you wanna go through with this?" He asked, knowing what could come.

I let out a shaky breath and nodded, he hesitated for a moment and I looked at his face.

"Daryl, I love you."