Chapter 107- Odd Man Out

Start from the beginning

I took it and Daryl stepped into the prison. "Hey Rick!" Daryl shouted, moments later Rick strolled into the room.

"Andrea. She's here." Carl said.

I stared at Carl in surprise. "Andrea?" I asked in astonishment.

Rick raced for the door and the rest of us followed. We sprinted outside, my curiosity growing as I looked into the field.

We crouched behind a car, each of us staring out into the field. "Go." Rick ordered.

Merle ran forwards and scanned the horizon quickly. "Clear!" He yelled.

The group spread out, each of us heading in a different direction around the prison compound.

"ARE YOU ALONE?!" Rick yelled into the field to Andrea.

"Open the gate!" She shouted, nearing the gate.

The walker that ran with her stumbled around, the extension separating them wiggled back and fourth.

"ARE YOU ALONE!" Rick shouted again.

"Rick?!" Andrea shouted back, anger tinting her voice.

"Open it." Rick commanded, I ran forwards and slid the gate open for Andrea.

She let go of her walker and ran through, Rick pushed her against the fence and checked her.

A walker clashed against the fence, right against Andrea. She let out a terrified scream before Rick dragged her backwards to the ground.

He ripped her bag off and tossed it off to the side. "I asked if you're alone!" Rick growled.

"I am." Andrea reassured as she panted. Rick finished checking her over and helped her to her feet.

"Welcome back." Rick murmured to Andrea before heading into the prison. We all followed after him, preparing to deal with what ever Andrea had to say.

Daryl and I moved quickly side by side, Andrea slowly following behind us.

We marched through the Prison and got to the common room. Merle and Daryl stood together on the far end and I stood with Tayler, who still didn't talk that much.

Tayler talks when ever she's with Merle, Allison or Rick. But when ever I try to talk she just blinks out.

Carol and Andrea embraced, as we all stood in silence and watched.

"After you saved me, we thought you were dead." Carol mumbled to Andrea.

"Hershel.. My god!" Andrea gasped.

Andrea released Carol and looked at the old man. "I can't believe this." Andrea gasped, looking around at us all in sadness and amazement.

"Where's Ryan?" she asked, looking around at us. "Alex?" She asked, "Jason? Lori?" She asked again, the silence drowning on.

"Lori had a girl, Lori didn't survive." Hershel said quietly.

"Neither did T-Dog." Maggie commented.

"I'm so sorry..." Andrea whispered. We gazed around at each other and I looked down at my feet.

Andrea's gaze fell on Carl, and she shook her head slowly. "Carl..." She said, stepping forwards.

Carl stood still, his facial expression stayed cold and empty. Andrea turned and faced Rick.

"Rick.." Andrea whispered. Rick sniffled, keeping his gaze away from Andrea's.

"You people all live here?" Andrea asked.

"In a cell block." Glenn corrected.

"There?" Andrea asked, pointing to cell block c.

"Ya." I mumbled, looking at Andrea's nervous face.

"Well can I go in?" She asked, moving towards the cell.

"I can't allow that." Rick said stopping her.

"I'm not an enemy Rick." Andrea growled.

"We had that field, cleared. Until your boyfriend tore down the fence with his truck and shot us up." Rick growled.

"He said you fired first.." Andrea commented, her face twisting into a sea of confusion and anger.

"Well he's lying." Rick mumbled.

"He killed an inmate that survived in here." Hershel added.

"We liked em' he was one of us." Daryl commented.

"I didn't know anything about that." Andrea said. "As soon as I found out I came. I didn't even know you were in Woodbury!" Andrea added.

"That was days ago." I growled.

"I told you I came as soon as I found out." Andrea pleaded.

We stayed silent, silently staring at Andrea. Andrea spun around and looked at Michonne.

"What did you tell them!" Andrea growled.

"Nothing." Michonne said blandly.

"I don't get it." Andrea paused. "I left Atlanta with you and now I'm the odd man out?" Andrea asked.

"He almost killed Michonne, and he would have killed us!" Glenn barked out.

"With his finger on the trigger!" Andrea accused, pointing at Merle. I walked around Andrea to stand beside Daryl.

"Don't pin this on him. We're not talking about Merle. We're talking about you." I said coldly to Andrea.

"Why are you so quick to come to his defence?" Andrea asked, narrowing his eyes.

"Because he's family. Whether it's blood or not all these people are family. Merle made some bad decisions, I know but you have to forgive and forget!" I spat.

Andrea sighed and rubbed her face. "Look, I cannot excuse what Philip has done. But I am here trying to bring us together." Andrea commented. "We have to work this out!" Andrea begged.

"Theres nothing to work out." Rick replied. "We're gonna kill him, I don't know how or when but we will." Rick spat.

"We can settle this. There is room in Woodbury, for everyone." Andrea replied.

Merle let out a small laugh and crossed his arms. "You know better than that." Merle remarked.

"What makes you think this man wants to negotiate? Did he say that?" Hershel asked.

Andrea shook her head and looked at the old man. "No." She said sadly.

"Then why did you come here?" Rick asked.

"Because he's gearing up for war. The people are terrified they see you as killers. They're training to attack." Andrea said coldly.

"Tell ya what, next time you see Philip. Tell em' I'll take his other eye." Daryl commented.

"I'll help you." I said, taking his hand. Andrea shook her head and stared at me angrily.

"What happened that made you so cold? You used to be terrified to kill someone!" Andrea shouted.

"I've never been scared Andrea, I just haven't been ready." I countered. "We have taken too much shit for too long, if he wants a war he's got one." I growled.

"Rick, if you don't try and sit down to work this out. I don't know whats going to happen. He has a whole town, look at you. You've lost so much already. You can't stand alone anymore." Andrea replied.

"You want to make this right? Get us inside." Rick bartered.

"No." Andrea said shaking her head.

"Then theres nothing left to discuss." Rick said walking past Andrea.

"There are innocent people!" Andrea yelled after Rick.

Rick kept going, heading outside to keep watch probably. I looked at Daryl, his gaze unsure of what to make of the group discussion.

"Come on." I whispered to Daryl, leading him out into the prison yard after Rick.