Thirty-Eight: Best Choice

Start from the beginning

"No! We just officially became bonded together and now you wanna leave‽ What happened to sticking together, to never abandoning the pack‽"

"You think I don't know this‽ You think I actually want to leave‽ You think I actually wanted this to happen‽"

"No but-"

"But what Jake‽"

"But you're sure as hell acting like it!"

"You don't get it!"

"What‽ What don't I understand‽"

"I'm doing this for you and for everyone in the pack-"

"How is you leaving gonna help anyone‽"

"Because if I leave so will Sirus and nobody gets hurt!"

"You can't be serious here! You can't actually believe what you're saying!"

"Yes I am because it wasn't just a nightmare! He was actually inside my head! Either I go with him willingly and nobody gets hurt or he's gonna kill everyone just to get me because he knows that I'll find a way back to you if he takes me and you're still alive an-and I can't deal with the thought of you dying." My voice cracked with tears streaming down my face.

Jake engulfed me in his arms while I sobbed into his chest.

"Look I'll talk to my dad, we'll figure something out but I'm not letting you leave me...not again."

<><><>

Jake called an emergency meeting right after that.

Jake, Christian, Alpha Damian, Lucas, my dad, and I all met in the conference room.

The meetings started about five minutes ago and during that time there's been nothing but yelling going on.

"I just don't understand how we're not able to locate this guy already!" Jake yelled in frustration. "Or at least pick up his freaking scent!"

"Jake calm down," Christian attempted in calming his son. "We've looked everywhere throughout the territory and they're nowhere to be found. And even our best trackers haven't been able to pick up Sirus's scent. Not even after the incident."

What if he's not even inside the territory? My wolf piped up.

What do you mean?

I mean what if someone on the inside is helping him. I mean it makes sense.

It does make sense. Nobody's been able to track him down or even find the rogue group inside the territory. So maybe someone on the inside is helping them. But who?

"I want him found! Either dead or alive but I want this bastard caught!" Jake growled.

"Jake nobody here is disagreeing with you but we don't know how to catch him if we can't find him." Lucas interjected.

"I don't think Sirus is inside the territory." I joined the conversation.

As soon as the words left my lips all heads turned towards me.