Captured

Captured: Chapter 25

----------------------

"I want that over there. No, you idiot! Over there!"

And she was back.

"Who knew she could get any more monsterous."

My head fell back as a full laugh bubbled from my lips. Through my giggles, I said, "You're lucky you don't have her until for two more years."

"And hopefully when those two years are up, she'll be gone." Rubbing her temple, Ana groaned. "I love her to death. Seriously, she's the best aunt I could ask for, but sometimes she's just a little too..."

"A little too what?" I glanced over at her, frozen in her spot beside the piano. Her eyebrows lifted, nearly reaching her hairline. Her mouth was agape, staring at something straight ahead of us. I looked ahead to see what held her attention. "What are looking a-"

As I stared at the back of the venue, the breath inside of me left immediately. He was here. Wearing a tight black long sleeved shirt that hugged him so perfectly, jeans that hanged low from his hips, and a pair of black boots, he stood by the door, looking sinfully good. At this entire moment, I hadn't notice he was already staring at me, and I didn't quite know how long he was staring for.

Those eyes pinned me into place as he took quick steps, approaching us.

"Romeo."

"Romeo? You know this Greek God?" Ana whipped her head up to stare at me. "You have a lot of explaining to do." She winked at me, before sending Romeo one last check over, then she quickly scurried away.

I didn't bother to answer her, my gaze stuck on the man who broke my heart countless of times. Swallowing down the bile in my throat, I spoke up. "What are you doing here?"

"I was invited." He still hadn't stopped walking towards me until he was only standing a pinky length from me. "I'm supposed to walk you down the aisle, remember?" His breath fanned my face.

Walk me down the aisle. I snorted, taking the saying in a different way. In no way in hell will this man, walk me down anything, especially the aisle.

"Oh really? Don't you have gang problems to be dealing with?" I tilted my head to the side, taking in his surprise.

He blinked a couple of times, obviously shocked that I knew anything of that. It took him a few seconds to regain his posture. "Sebastian told you."

"No. Sebastian helped. Billy told us." I clarified.

"Fuck." He cursed under his breath, running a hand through his hair. He looked at me, his green eyes roving over my face. "He probably already told you the reason why, too." I stayed quiet, giving him his answer. "Look, Juliet, it's not about me right now, not even about us right now. We're here for Ms. Tan and Mr. Jefferson right now."

"There's nothing about us that we need to talk about."

"Eventually we're going to have to talk about the relationship between us."

There is no relationship.

But I didn't dare say a word as we both trudged over to an exhausted and frustrated Ms. Tan. Once she saw us, her eyes widened in surprise on seeing Romeo. She didn't even try to hide it. "Romeo. You're actually here?"

I snickered, ignoring the glare that was shot at me. "Of course I'm here, Pam. Wouldn't ever miss the day that the famous Jack Jefferson was to be forced down into marriage."

Ms. Tan cocked a brow. "Forced? You know he's the one that got on his knees and proposed, right? I didn't force him to get down on his knees. I didn't force him to propose, and I most definitely didn't force him to fall in love with me. Now if you'll excuse me, I have more people to yell at. If you have nothing to do other than standing and looking like a walking hot dog, I suggest you go try on your suit or at least find something productive to do." She sent us one last cheery smile before running off.

Romeo & Juliet ✅ Completed✅On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara