Remember When

Ryan Jensen at the top ⬆️
__________________________
Remember When: Chapter 6 continued
-------------------------------------

"Ju Ju."

The familiar voice ranged in and out of my ears. At first, it didn't seem possible that he was here. It couldn't. He lived four states away. Four. Probably didn't seem far, but it did to me.

Before, James could react, I was off the couch in a second, and on my feet, power walking over to where he stood, by the doorway.

"Ryan." The name past my lips, feeling so foreign all of a sudden. Ever since he left, I haven't talked to or talked of him much, and just the sight of him made me want to cry. "Ryan." I choked out once more, before launching myself at him.

Right away, he pulled me into an embrace that absolutely made up for every thing in my life that he missed. "Ju Ju. My sweet baby sister." He cooed into my hair.

"I missed you." I pulled back to examine him once more and to see if that he was truly there, standing right in front of me. "What are you doing here?"

"What? Can't I come and visit my parents and favorite sister once in awhile?"

"Once in awhile?" I scoffed, causing him to frown. "And I'm your only sister, if you've forgotten." I crossed my arms, glaring at him. "Did mom and dad set this up?"

"No..." He chuckled nervously. "They actually don't know I'm here or that I was coming at all. So if you don't mind, could you keep it quiet for a few minutes?" He stared at me with pleading eyes. "Please, I know you hate me now for just showing up out of nowhere, but just do this for me. They'll kill me if they find out. Please."

I couldn't stay mad at him, he was my brother. My older brother. The one brother that protected me from the reality of life, before walking off into his own reality of life.

At least he thought of visiting. He probably wouldn't have visited at all. So be blessed.

I sigh, shaking my head. "Fine." I mumbled.

"Thank you, thank you." He cupped my cheeks, before placing a wet kiss to my forehead. After a few seconds of absorbing each other's presence, he spoke up. "Um...you going to introduce me?" He looked behind me, eyeing or more of glaring at something.

I turned around to see James awkwardly shifting from one leg to the other. He scratched the back of his head, trying his best to amputate his eyes away from Ryan's.

"Oh, um..." I jog over to James, advancing him towards Ryan. "Uh, James, this is my brother Ryan. And Ryan, this is James, my....." I stopped.

What exactly were we?

Well, first you're not dating. Second, you two swiped saliva but aren't really boyfriend and girlfriend, and third, he probably thinks of you as a friend, so you're basically friend-zoned.

"Your what?" Ryan asked impatiently. "Well, who is he?"

Jesus Christ, Ryan, shut up.

"He's, um..." I stuttered, confused on what exactly to tell him.

"I'm her boy friend." James smiled politely.

"Did you just say boyfriend?" Oh no, Ryan's mad. "I don't think so. I'm not letting my little sis date some douche bag like you. You look like a-"

"Ryan!" I hissed at him. Shaking my head once more, I explained things to him. "He meant my friend. He's a friend that is a boy. Isn't that right, James?"

Please say no, please say no, please say no.

"Y-yeah." A frown settled on his face , but all too quickly was covered up into a fake smile. Being the non observant one, I didn't catch it fast enough. "We're just friends." He smiled down at me.