End of the Day

End of the Day: Chapter 13
------------------

"Excuses. Excuses...excuses." Amy tsked from beside me, as I packed my things.

"I'm not making up excuses." I rolled my eyes, throwing in some books that I was more than likely to read. "I've just been busy, that's all."

"Busy, huh?" She raised a brow.

"Yes. Busy."

"You've been so busy playing around with your new boyfriend, that you haven't even called me, or Derek." She stood up. "And have you forgotten about Ryan. Actually, have you even talked to him? At all?" She threw her hands up.

I frowned. Ever since what happened back at the restaurant, I haven't spoken to Ryan, once. Maybe it was because I didn't know what to say, or maybe I was afraid of what he was going to say. I really didn't know why I haven't talked to him yet. With Amy and Derek, there was absolutely no excuse. I had time for them. More than enough time. We had school together, were mostly in the same classes together, but no, I didn't even pay attention to them.

"No." I shook my head. "No I haven't. But I will, when I get back."

I heard her let out a sigh of frustration. "Whatever." She sat back down at the edge of my bed. "So...when are you coming back?"

I sigh. "I'll probably be there for only three days, then I'll be back."

I remembered James coming up to me. He was so excited and filled with joy, that I expected at the moment, a rainbow unicorn to jump out of him.

"I know you want to make James happy, and I also know that he's your first boyfriend, but he's not the only one in your life. Derek's here, your parents are here, Ryan's here. And I'm here." She stared at me, waiting for a response. When I didn't speak up, she continued. "You need to realize that as much as it seems like I hate you at times, you are my best friend. I'm suppose to be there for you, and you're suppose to be there for me."

"Amy?" I sat down beside her.  There was something going on that she wasn't telling me. Being friends now for more than sixteen years, I could tell when something was up. "D-did something happen between you and Derek?" Just as I asked, she bursted into tears.

At first, I was caught off guard, because to be honest, I've never seen her cry before. Not when she was little, not when she fell off a tree, not when she got attacked by a dog, and not when Jimmy Dixon called her a God hating bitch. She didn't hate God, she just didn't understand the point of there being one at the time. And we were only in middle school. Now, she praises the Lord, like there's no tomorrow. But right now, seeing her cry like this, over this thing that seemed so small compared to her other accidents, just broke my heart.

"Ugh!" She screamed, placing her hands over her face. "He was kissing that bitch! What a son of a bitch! And you know what, he liked it, and you weren't fuckin there when I needed you! You're suppose to be my main bitch!" She wailed, clutching tightly onto me, as I wrapped my arms around her.

"I-I'm...I'm sorry. I didn't...I didn't know, Amy." I whispered.

"I hate him. I hate him. I hate him so much." She chanted underneath her breath, before letting out a strangled breath. "Fuck! I love him. I love him so much."

"Amy. Amy." I shook her, until her watery eyes peered up at me. "How do you know it was him?"

She stared at me for a few seconds, before pulling away from me. "What kind of question is that?" She sneered. "I think I recognize my fucking asshole of a boyfriend when I see him!"