Same Old Games

Same Old Games:Chapter 18
---------------
* a month later *

Amy ground the chips between her teeth so loudly, I could hear it over the music playing through my headphones. Looking over my shoulder, I stared at her for a moment.

My friend that I had known for since forever was pregnant.

It was actually really weird to think about. Despite how many times she called me a prude, she always believed I would be the first to be knocked up. Looks like the tables have turned.

"I don't get it. Why would she say something like that? Romeo hates my guts." I grumbled to myself.

Even after about a month later, I still have Louise's words ringing in my ear. Romeo had a thing for me? It can't be, it just couldn't. That boy has made my life a living hell for so long, there was no possible way that he could ever show interest in me. He did tried to break me and James up, but that didn't work. What exactly was he trying to accomplish?

"I don't know-" Amy replied, her eyes suddenly widening.

"What?"

"You still like the asshole!" She gasped, holding onto her belly.

"What, no, are you crazy? Why would you think something like that?"

"Something happened." When I didn't respond, she nodded. "I knew it! James probably doesn't even know about." She gasps. "He doesn't. Does he?"

"I'm not doing this. You're annoying me right now." I replied, turning back to the book in my hand.

"Actually, you don't know how much you're getting on my nerves. These stupid fuckin side effects of being pregnant nearly got me ripping off an employee's head the other day. The fact that you're just lying to me, yourself, and James - it's got me wanting to rip Ryan's head off."

"What?!" Ryan gasped from behind us.

"Ryan she was just ki-"

"You're pregnant?! Congrats!" He ran up to her, embracing her into his arms. Amy did look like she was going to rip his head off at that moment. "Who's the father?"

"Who do you think?" She mumbled, throwing away the empty bag of chips, before proceeding on to rummaging through the refrigerator some more.

"Derek is one lucky man." He sighed, wiping away an invisible tear.

Amy rolled her eyes, before looking back at me, pointing at Ryan. "Ask him." She whispered while passing by into the living room.

I knew what she meant by asking him. I don't know how I went this long without questioning what happened back at that restaurant a month and half ago.

"Um...Ryan, I need to tell you something." I stood up from my seat behind the counter, and slowly advanced towards him. "You know that night when you said you were going out to meet someone important, and I wasn't to tell mom and dad about it? Yeah, about that-"

"You followed me." He stated, raising a brow.

"W-what?"

"Did I stuttered?"

"Well, no, but-"

"Ju Ju, do you really think I'm that stupid? I'm your brother for goodness sakes. I know more about you then anyone else. And one thing I know is that you're a very curious person, and when you want to know about something, you go on ahead and investigate. And I saw you in the rear view mirror. So, what exactly did you hear?"

"We couldn't really hear anything, we just kind of saw."

"You're probably dying to know why I went to that meeting. Am I right?" I nodded. "Alright, I'll tell you, but you can't tell mom and dad. I'll be doing that myself." He sighed, rubbing his eyes. "Well, it started in high school when I met Athena; I'm pretty sure you know her, I talked about her all the time. We were freshmen at the time, so when I started to get to know her better, we started dating until senior year, and you guys know that as well, but what you guys never knew was the reason why we broke up. Athena...she's Greek, and from what I've learned, Greeks are suppose to only be or married to other Greeks. So, when her family found out that we were dating, they forbid our relationship to go on, so...we broke up. It was hard for the both of us, but we decided to let it go. But then college came, and we met up again, which was a surprise, we never really talked about what college we were going to and all, so we ignored that. Everything between us was awkward between us, because she had found a boyfriend who was actually Greek, so that worked out for her, but not for me.