Contacts

Contacts: Chapter 30
-----------------

- Romeo's POV -

"Are you ready to leave, Ciliegia? Unless..." I said in a soft tone. She didn't look at all in the mood to argue with me. After bringing her to an old friends apartment, last night, she completely flipped out on me.

Let's just say there was a lot of throwing objects, foul language, and tears.

She leant against the couch, and sent a small smile, that was more of a cringe. Through her so called smile, I could see how tired she looked. Dark shadows were permanent under her life less blue eyes. Her smile use to make me feel like a better person, but right now, all it brought back were the memories of the shit I had done to her.

Every single day, I would wake up alone, wanting to change everything that happened. If I hadn't shot the shit head, things would be normal again. I could go back to being that annoying asshole she secretly loved, pranking her every single chance that I got.

Those were the good times.

I sighed, running a hand through my hair. I had so much on my mind at that point, and the thought of having to be confronted by Ferro later, didn't settle very well with me.

I watch her closely, as she hesitantly stumbled up to me, her head down, her hair working as a curtain to block her face from my gaze, before sidestepping me in order not to touch.

My hand whipped out before I knew it, grabbing a hold of her arm as she was about to walk away.

"Juliet."

                                                           - Juliet's POV -

"Juliet." His soft voice causing me to shiver in not disgust, but wanting.

Killer. Killer. He. Is. A. Killer.

I tried to keep that thought in my head, but three other words kept intervening with the thought.

I loved him.

I had always wanted him to hold me in his arms and promise that everything would be fine, but reality would slap me in the face every time. The fantasy I had in my head of how things would turn out was just merely a ...fantasy.

Letting out a heavy sigh, I raised my gaze up to meet his, taking in the way his eyes twinkled under the light, the way his lips slightly parted, letting through a minty scent. I inhale the scent, shuddering as it invaded my senses. His hand stayed tightly gripped around, loosening after awhile. He caressed my elbow gently, drawing it closer to him.

At that point, it was too late to notice how close we were; our noses only inches away from touching. His eyes flickered between mine and my lips, biting his own lip in anticipation. I whimpered, not meaning to sound as loud. Instead of taking it as a cry of frustration, he took it as a plead for something else.

He leaned forward, grabbing a hold of my chin, his lips brushed mine slightly. A jolt went through me, but I realized I shouldn't be enjoying what was happening at this moment.

He's a killer.

I stepped back, roughly pulling my arm from his hold. He looked at me in surprise, before gaining back his posture. "Juliet, I'm s-"

"Save it." I snapped angrily. Shoving past him, i beeline for the door. "Just take me home." I mumbled.

I can't believe I feel under his spell again. Again. He tried to kiss me. Again. And I almost let him. Again. What the hell was wrong with me?