StarBoy

StarBoy: Chapter 32 Continued...
---------------------------

I have no idea what time I wake up. It might have been ten minutes after I had fallen asleep, it might have been almost morning. But one thing that I knew was that I was suddenly missing Romeo. An emptiness, that's probably left me hollow.

In the semidarkness, I listen out for sound, silently hoping that everyone was asleep. When I hear nothing, I force myself to slip out of bed. Quickly glancing at the clock-it read 2 am-I shoved on my coat and slip out my room.

The hall was dark, and not a sound was heard but my nervous breathing. I shifted from foot to foot to make sure that my footsteps wouldn't be heard. I glide past my parents' bedroom. I nearly trip over my feet, when I hear moans leave the room.

Sick.

I scrunched my face up in disgust. Swiftly stepping down the stairs, I rush towards the front door. Carefully, I twist the knob, knowing damn well that that door was going to squeak. And guess what? It did.

I paused for a second, waiting for any type of sound. When I didn't hear anything, I continued to slide open the door. "Fuck, fuck, fuck." I chanted quietly as I slid the door open. When it had reached a point for me to slip through, I squeezed myself through, and out into the cool night.

A shiver went through me. I pulled my hoodie tighter around me, mentally cursing myself out for not grabbing a bigger jacket. As soon as I was two feet away from the house, I started sprinting.

I was out of breath by the time I had reached the gate of the cemetery. The gate to the cemetery opens without even a noise;I step in. I felt like I was being watched. It felt like something straight out of a horror movie. Even through the cotton of my hoodie, the hairs on my arms stood up.

I slowly trudged past headstones, every now and then, nervously glancing over my shoulder. Once I had reached my destination, I took a deep breath and sat down.

"Hi, James. How's it going?"

My question was met with awkward silence.

"Um, I'm not really use to things like this. I mean, I've only seen people do it in the movies, and well...I'm not an actress, I guess." I chuckled nervously. "I miss you. We all miss you really. Your mom calls me every week, cries to me how much she misses you, and how when she ever finds who killed you, she'll ripped their balls off and feed it to Sparkie." I laugh with a glint of tears in my eyes. I hear a snap of a branch behind, my eyes widening.

God damnit. I don't want to die. I'm too young for shit like that.

"Guess I should be worried then."

I nearly let out a sight of relief, when hearing the familiar voice, but I held it in. "What are you doing here?" I sighed.

"Same reason you're here." From the corner of my eye, I watch him take a seat beside me, his shoulder brushing against mine. We both sit there in silence for a few minutes, before I feel something placed over my shoulders. I look over at him, nearly sending a glare his way. "What? You're obviously freezing to death." He remarked.

I didn't look at him, but I did glance down at the black long sleeved shirt he was wearing that was nicely sculpted around his biceps. His hair was messy and his eyes droopy as if he hadn't slept. In a way, he looked even hotter. Like he just woke up from a night of hot... "You're drooling." I looked up to see him smirking.

"No I'm not." I muttered, checking the corner of my lip. I heard him chuckle.

I shouldn't have been thinking about Romeo that way, not when I was sitting right in front of James's grave. I tried scooting away from him, but obviously he noticed. He sent a smirk my way before scooting closer. I glared at him, before moving away. He came right back. This went on until we were sitting in front of some random person's grave.

I hastily stood up, sending him a glare one last time, I stormed off.

"Where you going?!"

"Away from you." I turned around. "I came here to...be with James. Not...you." I watched as he clenched his jaw.

His scoffed, shaking his head. "Well if you're leaving then give me back my fucking jacket." He snapped.

I realized that I was tightly clenching onto his warm jacket. I removed it from my shoulders and threw it at his feet. "There." Turning around, I walked until I reached the gate. I didn't look back, because I knew he was still watching me.

Trudging along the sidewalk, bored out of my mind, I put up two fingers to my lips and blew. I giggled to myself. I would always do that when I was younger. Never wanted to experience the real deal, still don't want to. Why would I want to try something that has probably killed thousands of people.

I yawned, rubbing my eyes. My eyes fighting to shut. "I should've stayed in my fucking bed." I muttered tiredly. I was about to let out another yawn, when a honk from behind startled me. I turned around to see none other than Romeo running out of his car towards me. "What do you want now?" I whined, yawning again.

"No time for a nap, sleeping beauty. We got to get out of here." He pulled at my arm as I struggled against him. He turned to glare at me. "Stop being so damn difficult."

"Help! Stranger danger! Police! 911! " I started shouting abruptly. "Murder! Rape! Sexual assault! All of the above! Help me!" I kicked and squirmed against his hold, but he didn't budge. I noticed he kept on looking back over his shoulder as if someone or something was following him.

I was about to let out another scream when his hand clamped over my mouth. "Keep going and the next thing you'll be screaming is my name." He whispered huskily into my ear.

My eyes widened as he pulled away with a smirk. Catching me off guard, he shoved me into the car. "This is the second time." I grunted, rubbing my head.

His grip was tight on the steering wheel and his face contorted into panic. "What's going on with you anyway?" I snorted, watching him through narrowed eyes. "You're not going to kill me, are you?"

He chuckled. "You're cute when you're sleepy."

"Don't try changing the subject, Romen noodle."I hissed.

"Damnit, you got me." He sighed. "I was taking you on a date, and I just wanted it to be a surprise."

I glared at him. "Take me on a date? Right after you unexpectedly found me at a creepy cemetery?" I would've thought this was suspicious, but me being really clueless when sleepy, I nodded along. "Aw, that's s'cute." I giggled tiredly.

He was quiet the entire ride and I didn't make much of it as I slowly fell asleep to the music playing in the car.

'Look what you've done
I'm a motherfuckin starboy
Look what you've done
I'm a motherfuckin starboy
Every day a nigga try to test me, ah
Every day a nigga try to end me, ah...'

But little did I know that someone was following close behind us.

______________________

Continued...