What Makes It Alright

Chapter 36: What Makes It Alright
--------------------

"So you're dating Romeo now."

I frowned at the locker in front of me. The stickers slightly peeling off from exhaustion. I closed my eyes, and quickly took a breath, before turning around and forcing a smile on my face.

I expected Louise, but was surprised to see a group of girls standing behind, hands on the hips, lips turned up into a scowl, faces coated with makeup, and boobs as fake as my baby blue vans.

Freshmen.

It came out as a sneer in my head. You'd expect them to be the innocent and cute kids that have freshly stepped right out of junior high, but no, they were vicious. Disgusting and frightening little brats.

"Umm..." I stood there for a second trying to hide my surprise. "Do...do I know you?"

The girl in front, who I presumed was the leader, stepped up and glared at me. "What do you mean who am I?"

I stood there and blinked at her multiple times, as if giving her the hint that I wasn't repeating myself. "Well, you're freshmen." I chuckled nervously.

"The name is Brittany, but everyone calls me Britt." She flips some blonde hair over her shoulder, before glancing around at her crew. Her gaze landed back at me. "What does he see in you?" She asked abruptly.

"Excuse me?" I frowned at her.

"I mean look at you." She giggled. "You're a nerd." She stated pointing at my glasses and clothing. "He's probably just using you."

"Whose using you?" A deep familiar voice rings out from behind the groupie. He steps out through the group. His black hair fell against his forehead in that boyish way he had.

I felt myself stiffen as the warm fuzzy feelings wedged their way into my body. A huge smile appeared as his eyes landed with mine. He made his way towards me, taking me by surprise as he landed a soft kiss to my lips. "Hi..." I let out breathlessly.

"Hi." He smirked taking in my red face. He glanced over at the girls that were eagerly trying to eavesdrop. "Who are those hoes?" He whispered. I let out a pig snort, before quickly covering my mouth. "Aww, that's so cute." Romeo cooed, poking my nose.

"Stop, you're embarrassing me."

"Embarrassing you? I pretty much saved you from being attacked by a bunch of mini versions of Louise." Their attention on us quickly vanished as they all started trudging away.

"That's not nice." I frowned at him, giving the disapproving look.

"Who said I was nice?" He quirked a brow. One of his hands land on my hip, pulling me to him. "Stop pouting." His thumb runs slightly over my lips.  Their was a comforting silence between us. Just us in our own little world. "Come on. We've got to get you to class." He sighed, latching his hand into mine.

"Ok." I mumbled with my head down.

I wasn't oblivious to the stares we were getting, I was just ignoring them for the first time in my life.

**

**

**

"So you guys are a thing now?"

I rolled my eyes as Derek talked while feeding Everly her bottle. Her eyes looked between the both of us, trying to figure out what exactly we were arguing about.

"Does it matter?" I handed him Everly's binky as soon as some drool started running down her cheek.

"Yeah, it kind of does." He said while wiping her cheek. "Juliet, you're like a sister to me, and despite how many times James said that it was ok to be with Romeo, he's still a jackass that does jackass things."

Everly cooed and let out a giggle when Derek cussed. Her eyes lit up as she reached for her daddy's hair.

"But he's your best friend." I mumbled.

"Yeah, but he's still my best friend that's a jackass." He put Everly's diaper to his nose and smelled. "Gross." He turned his head away in disgust. "You're a little pooper, aren't you?" She giggled and gurgled, wiggling her little feet as Derek held her at arms length. "Let's get you out of this mess." As he stood up, he glanced back over at me. "We're not finished."

"Yes, dad." I grumbled, watching him leave. I let out a sigh that I pretty much didn't know I was holding. I didn't know if whether  it was due to Derek's acceptance or Everly's stinky diaper.

I stood up and made my way into the kitchen, snatching up an apple. I stop midway when I realize that I'm not alone. "What are you doing here?"

"He's still against our relationship, isn't he?" He asked, completely ignoring my question. "I don't blame him." He shrugged, glancing at the ground.

I stood there in awkward silence for a moment, before walking over to him. I had to keep myself from standing there and gawking at him. His curly black hair reminded me of James, emerging a pain in my heart. Taking a deep breath, I reached out for him, brushing a strand from his eyes. "He'll get over it." I sighed.

"Did you forget that I killed James?" His voice was hard.

I gasped as he grabbed my wrist . "Romeo? He's gone. It's in the past." I whispered softly.

"Doesn't mean you and the rest of everyone else aren't still mad at me." He sighed letting go of my wrist. Taking me by surprise, he lays his head on my shoulder, taking a breath. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

"Rome-"

He lifts his head up unexpectedly and presses his lips against mine. I let myself relax. Grabbing a handful of his shirt, I pull him closer. I run my hands over his shoulders and through his hair. Gaining more confidence, I let myself rub against him, earning a groan from him.

My hand finds its way down to his bulge, and begin rubbing it. "Juliet, don't." He pulled away, watching me as I backed away in embarrassment. "No come back." He grabbed my elbow, bringing me back to him. "Hey...hey, look at me." Placing a finger under my chin, he brought my eyes up to meet his. "Trust me. I want you, so badly. But once we start, I won't be able to stop."

"Then don't."

His eyes widened as he took in my red cheeks and hooded eyes. "Julie-"

"Please. I want you."

That was all I had to say before he led me upstairs. As we walked into the room, I could feel my heart beating rapidly, as if it was about to burst. My head was saying no, but my heart was saying yes.

Sometimes it's best to listen to your heart.

___________________________

I'm so sorry you guys. I've been gone for like a month and it was killing me, but I back now.

There's only two or three more chapters left and the book will be finished.

After, I will be continuing with my other book, See You Later Alligator. Go and check it out.