He Invites Me to Family Reunions

No by Meghan Trainor up top

He Invites Me to Family Reunions: Chapter 17 continued...
----------------------------

I sat there, head dropped over his shoulder, sobbing like a child, while clutching tightly onto my stomach. His hand was combing through my hair gently, trying to calm me down.

"Shhh. It's ok, it's ok." He whispered. "Periods can be a bitch, I know." Carefully, he picked me up, leading me towards the bed. "Here, you stay right here. I'll be back with pads. Y-you use pads right?" He turned around, eyes widening in confusion and realization.

If I wasn't in so much damn pain, I would've been squealing at how cute he was being right now.

I sat up staring at him, smiling softly through the pain. "Yes. I use pads, James."

I never was a big fan of tampons. I've never used one and never will. Amy would always make fun of me on how stupid I was being. But hey, I don't like the feeling of a dick in my vagina while I'm trying to walk.

He nodded quickly, before rushing out and reassuring me that he would buy me the biggest teddy bear at the store, to make all my pain go away. I had to smile at that.

My smile dropped when I heard a ping come from James's phone beside me. I looked over at it, struggling on whether I should pick it up or not. I mean, I wasn't one of those girlfriends that thinks her boyfriend's cheating every minute of the day. So, I guess it would be okay. I mean, little peek wouldn't hurt . Right?

I grabbed the phone, turning it on. At first the background of his phone made me smile; a picture of us both when we first met up in the park to practice for drama class, then my lips formed a thin line, noticing who exactly was texting him. Yep, a little peek actually did hurt. Just a little bit.

➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
We need to
talk.
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
LOUISE

I mentally growled as soon as I saw the name. What the hell did she want? Why was she texting James's phone? And what exactly did they need to talk about?

I pushed the phone away in disgust. A jolt of pain went through me, as I tried to stand up. I gritted my teeth irately as my phone began to ring in the back of my pocket.

Stupid fucking dumbass shitting asshat MOTHERFUKKNG CRAMPS!

I pulled my phone out, not bothering to check the number. "Hello?" I squeezed my eyes in pain from the cramps and in agitation with the mysterious text message.

"Ciliegia."

Fuck. I groaned, letting my limp body fall onto the bed. "Romeo, why are you calling?" I close my eyes, hearing footsteps approaching from downstairs.

"I was just calling to see if you wanted to hang out with the one and a only Romeo Romero." I rolled my eyes, almost hearing the cockiness and smugness in his voice. "Actually, I need you for something."

I tightened my grip on the edge of the bed. "What is it?" I gritted my teeth, watching as a smiling James stepped into the room. And like he promised he had a gigantic teddy in his hold, and a bag of candy in his hand.

"Look, there's this family reunion that I have to go to, and..."

"And what?" I looked up at James, wanting to smile, but thinking back to the text message, I gave him a tight smile, scooting over so he can sit by me.