Take Me On

Take Me On: Chapter 5 Continued...
------------------------------

Pacing around the oversized library, I spoke my mind.

"Amy, you know what I'm up against, most importantly who. This, and everything else going on is important. Everything has to be perfect."

"Juliet, please." She placed a finger to her lips, signaling me to shut up. "I'm sick and tired of hearing about this war that's going on between you and your future husband."

"You don't understand. This is a big deal. He may have not done anything just yet, but I need to be prepared." When she still didn't speak, I continued. "This is just the beginning. If I give up now, it'll be a complete embarrassment."

Sighing, she peeled open her eyes. "Sorry to say this, but sweetie, you're better off quiet and stuck in this library. Show Romeo that you don't care anymore. Show him that you've moved on from him. You have that fine ass guy James, don't you?"

I blinked, more than twice, before steering my red face from her view. "Umm..."

"Oh, don't you umm me. I don't know what's going on between the two of you, but I know something's gonna happen. I can feel it." She narrowed her eyes, carefully watching everything around us, as if trying to remember every detail. Looking back over to me, she raised a brow. "Why so quiet, Ju?" I blinked again in annoyance. She sighed, running a hand down her cheek frustratedly. "Listen, do you like this guy or not?"

"J-just, just a little bit." I whispered.

It was crush, and that was it. I mean, who didn't have a crush on James?

As if reading my mind, she spoke. "I know what you're thinking in that overfilled brain of yours. You think everyone has a crush on him, and maybe you're right, I don't know. But let me tell you this, that crush is going to turn into something bigger, and when it does, somebody's going to get their heart broken. Actually, three hearts will be broken, but not at the same time. It'll go from one person to the other. And when those hearts get broken, something drastic is going to happen, and it's going to change your life, and even Romeo's."

I blinked. I blinked twice. I blinked a hundred more times.

Reason why I'm not talking? Amy can tell the future sometimes, and it's fucking scary. What was there to say? Now that Amy's said everything, I know it's going to happen.

Jesus be with me.

****************************************

It has taken much less time than I thought- the second I opened my locker, I was trampled; maybe not trampled, but attacked by a very large amount of grasshoppers.

Huge grasshoppers.

I knew it. Didn't I tell you? I did, didn't I?

I was frightened to be in the same room with him, because when I stepped into that room with scrambled hair, and scratches here and there, the smirk on his lips grew wider.

Why do like this asshole? Please tell me why.

I always ask myself that, and I never seem to come up with any good reason why.

Maybe because in the fifth grade, on the day of our valentines party, he secretly put a love letter into my valentine box. I guess I've liked him since. At first, I thought he probably accidentally put into mine on accident, but he came up to me after the party, and told me how much he liked me. Then, all of a sudden...he changed. What happened? I have no fucking idea.

"Juliet, right on time." Miss Tan's smile faltered for a minute, before settling back into an uncomfortable smile. "Have a seat. We're about to present our plays."