It's Love, Actually

Derek 🙄🤔😏
____________

It's Love, Actually:Chapter 16
---------------------

"Why can't teachers just stand up or squat like a normal person?"

I giggled, watching in amusement as Amy pretended to gag. Apparently Mr. Baker, didn't know how to stand or squat. His butt was up and out, directly in Amy's face, as he helped a student from beside her.

She stopped gagging, looking at something behind me, before turning away.

I stared at her in confusion, looking behind me. Derek was sitting in his seat, staring at Amy. Even though she broke the eye contact, he was staring at her, as if he was afraid she'd disappear if he looked away.

"Um...so, you and Derek?"

"What about me and Derek?" She shoved a piece of gum in her mouth, staring blankly at me.

"Did you guys break up or something?" I whispered.

She shrugged, glancing down at the math worksheet in front of her. "Guess so."

What? No, no, no, no, no. This can't be happening. They can't break up. They just can't.

They were that one couple that everyone wanted to be like. You know, like the things people say these days. Relationship goals or something. Yeah, that's what they were. And if they decided to become friends instead, everything would become awkward between the both of them, including me. Friends? That was a nonexistent word in their vocabulary. They wouldn't last a day trying to be friends. I'm not saying they're horny dogs or anything, but they couldn't ever ignore each other. And just seeing Amy stand her ground, acting almost as if she didn't care they might've broken up, scare the shit out of me.

"What?!" I shrieked the same time the bell rang. I didn't look back to see if anyone was giving me weird stares. I glanced at Derek, who was still sadly looking after Amy. I sighed, quickly scurrying after her. Shoving my glasses up, I grabbed onto her backpack as she led us through the crowded hallway into gym class. "What do you mean, you guess so? You guys can't break up."

"Oh, then it's true then. Little Amy has been dumped by Mr. Hot stuff, Derek." Louise taunted, smiling smugly as her Barbie doll friends giggled along. "So sad."

"He didn't break up with her. She did." I mumbled.

"Wow. I guess she realized she wasn't into boys after all. Isn't that right Amduscias?" She smirked, noticing the sneer on Amy's face.

She hated when people called her that. The only people she allowed, was her family and, well...Derek.

"Leave her alone." I found my voice.

"Shut up, no one was talking to you. Nerd." She stepped up to me, glancing me up and down in disgust. "I can't believe Romeo ever had a thing for you."

Wait? What?

"Get. The. Fuck. Away. From. Her." Amy growled, glaring at Louise so hard, she might have even burned a hole into her head. "You have a problem? Do you? I broke up with him, because he decided be an ass and get drunk, ending up snogging some random girl he didn't know. So, you," she pointed a finger at her. " know no shit. So I reckon you shut the hell up and leave my friend out of this. Got it? Because I'm pretty sure you don't know the back story of half the things you gossip about other people, around this school. We broke up. That's right. There, you heard it. Happy now?" When Louise said nothing, she nodded proudly. "Good, then shut the fuck up."