You're Not Juliet

James. ⬆️
______________________

You're Not Juliet: Chapter 10 continued
-----------------------------------------

- Juliet's POV -

"What are you doing here?" I sneered, drawing my attention to the now empty backpack beside him. "What. Are. You. Doing. Here?" I asked once more.

He exhaled out loudly, gripping firmly onto the armchair, he pushed himself up to his feet, towering over me like he's always had.

Looking down at me, he reaches for my hand, only for me to snatch it away from him, causing a frown to appear on his face.

"Well?"

"I-I, she, she didn't want me...she didn't want me, Ju Ju." He closes his eyes, letting his head hang low. "I loved her. I told her I loved her, but...she didn't...she couldn't..." He trailed off turning away from me. He leaned against the nearest wall, staring blankly up at the ceiling.

"I don't understand." I shook my head, taking small steps towards him. "She didn't love you back?"

"No, she did, but..."

"But? But, what?"

"She was cheating on someone else for me." He laughed out as if it was the most funniest thing someone had told him. "She loved me, but so did the boyfriend. He was there before me, Ju Ju. I didn't want to be some asshole, getting in the way of a relationship."

"I'm sorry." I rested a hand on his shoulder.

"And you know what else? She didn't even love him! She thought she could get away with it." He chuckled humorously. "Sh-she broke my heart." He whispered softly. A tear rolled down the side of his cheek, as he himself, rolled down to the floor, seating himself there. "Never fall in love, Ju Ju. Never."

"Ryan, that's not going to happen." I snorted, kneeling beside him.

Me? Fall in love? Not going to happen.

"No. It will. And you know it." He snapped. "The way he looks at you Juliet, I can tell." He pointed out.

Who? Who was he?

"Promise me, you won't fall in love. Unless you know that person is the right one. Do you hear me?"

"Ryan, I-"

"Promise." He interrupts, stating sternly.

"I..." I hesitate. Why? Don't know. I wasn't going to fall in love, and if I did, it wasn't going to happen any time soon. "I promise."

Our pinkies twined tightly together.

I promise.

***************************

"Are you sure he's okay? I could go talk to him if you'd like, I mean, from experience." He offered, catching me glancing upstairs.

"No, it's okay. He'll be fine." I sigh, settling my head against his shoulder. "He's Ryan, he can get through this. He's a strong boy."

A strand of hair was tucked behind my ear. "You're right. You *kiss* are *kiss* right." He grinned against me lips, before pulling away.

We sit in comfortable silence for the next few minutes, before I realize something.

"Hey, what did you mean?"