Unbroken

Romeo
_________________________

Unbroken: Chapter 10
---------------------------------

- Romeo's POV -

The last time I took a nap was at the age five, and when I did, I did it so angrily. Naps always seemed to be a waste of time for me. Why take a nap, when there's a thousand other things you can do?

Who says you feel a whole lot better after a nap? Everyone. No, that's bullshit. You wake back up even more sleepier than you were before. And then from there, it makes it harder to fall asleep at night. I was trying to take nap, but I didn't seem to work out at all with a specific someone running through my mind.

I offered Louise my arm as we made our way up the grassy hill. She was somewhat very persistent this morning that we go for a picnic.

But seriously, do I seem like that type of guy that does shit like that? No, I'm not, but I didn't say anything and just went with it. When Louise wants something, she gets it.

My feet wouldn't go any further, because they had figured out the same thing I had.

Did I love Louise?

Did I love her so much that I was willing to take her on picnics and shit? I mean, I've never told her I loved her, never told anyone I loved them for that matter. Guess I wasn't cable of love. And I've never even said the word love before, actually, except now.

Louise's grip on my arm tightened, and she pulled the locket from beneath her shirt and rubbed it between her fingers.

I promise you, I really didn't want to buy that locket for her, but being the mamas boy I was, my mom some how convinced me to get it for her. As much as hatred was felt from my family towards Louise, they always taught me to be a gentleman.

Well, you're not doing a good job at that. Juliet...

"Shut up, shut up, shut up!" I yelled.

"Excuse me?" She pushed me away, squinting at me with her eyes, one still dark from Juliet's punch. We were basically matching now, all thanks to Juliet. Fuck. I said her name again. "I was just thanking you for inviting me here, and then you just tell me to shut up?" She sneered, eyeing me dangerously.

Last time I remember, if I may remember correctly, you were the one that nearly forced me to bring you on this fucking picnic.

I tried to look away, but it wasn't easy. Her eyes were like lasers, burning into the side of your face.

The way she looked was the opposite of magical. She looked like Medusa, with her hair flying everywhere as the wind blew all around us. Her hands were clutched into tiny little fist, and by her face appearance, she didn't look happy.

I took a step away from her, trying to keep some safe distance between us. "Just chill. I was thinking of something else." I grumbled.

"Chill?! I should chill?!" Her screams filled the area, as people walking past stared at us in annoyance. "You were thinking of her, weren't you?"

It's not like I was going to deny it. She's been on my mind lately, and there was really nothing I could do.

I was still holding my breath when I realized something. If I could just make a run for it.... She approached me slowly.

"Louise, would you stop acting this way? Can't we just have a simple quiet date for once?"

"Oh, please. This is probably the first date you've taken me on since forever." She rolled her eyes.

"Well, it's not my fault I can't stand you when you get too clingy." I threw my hands up in the air.

"I'm clingy?! I know for sure-"

I stopped her right there. Putting my hand up, I warned her to keep her mouth shut, not even having to say anything. She glared right on back at me in challenge. "Don't you dare say you're not, because everyone, and I mean everyone knows you are. I didn't even want to do the fucking picnic." I shoved my hands in my pockets, facing away from her. "I'm leaving. You can make your own fucking sandwiches." I spat, before walking back down the hill where we came.

"You better not be going over to her house. I swear, Romeo, I will make your life a living hell if you do!"

Damn, women are difficult.

"You already do!" I yelled over my shoulder. She told me not to go? Well, that's exactly what I'm going to do.

Besides, ciliegia owes me something for this black eye.

_______________________________
Continued...

Sorry, that was way too short, but chapter ten is still continued, so don't worry about a thing.