Clue

Clue: Chapter 31
------------------

For a moment, I was aware of nothing but darkness. It felt as if all of the night's weight bore down on me, then the pressure eased.

"Babe."

I held still, frozen at the familiar voice.

"James?"

"Babe."

"James!" I shut my eyes tighter, hoping that would make his voice stronger in me. "Can I really hear you? Are you really there? Oh my god, James. I love you."

"I love you, too."

"Always?"

"Always." A rush of happiness swelled within me.

"You told me to move on. I couldn't do it." I said, half crying and half laughing. "I couldn't give my love to anyone else."

I heard a snort. At that moment I could picture him scrunching his face up in disbelief, and his curly hair falling in the way of his eyes. "You're lying."

"What?"

He chuckled. "Juliet, I've known you long enough to know that you love Romeo, and you always will." There was a pause. "You love me, Juliet...but...you're not in love with me. You're in love with Romeo."

I was in utter most shock that I wasn't able to form any words. I wasn't sure whether it was still from shock, or that it dawned on me that what he said might've been true.

"James..."

"You don't need to say anything, Juliet. All you gotta do is hang tight and look pretty." He chuckled sadly. "I'm not just a voice in your head, Juliet. I'm alive...well actually, maybe not flesh and bones, but I'm still watching over you. Just think of me as your personal guardian angel." He laughed, and I laughed along with him. "Well, I have to get back now, the big guy's probably looking for me."

"Wait, don't leave, James," I begged. "Please don't leave again....I-I need you."

"You don't need me, you have Romeo. You know that, right? He may be an asshole, but I know that he loves you and he'll do anything for you."

"But...I need you."

"I'll always be with you, Juliet." She felt his lips on hers.

"Please don't go." She found herself chanting.

"I'll always be with you. I promise," he said again. His love touched every part of her. "You have to wake up now."

Then he let go.

                                                              - Romeo's POV -

"You can't be serious." I growled. "I just told you, I can't come."

"Does it sound like I care? No. So you better be prepared for tomorrow." He hung up quickly after.

I clutched the phone tightly in my fist, wanting nothing more than to break it.

Ferro called. What a surprise. Apparently there's going to be this stupid party, that the gang needs to attend, meaning I need to be there as well. The plan is to go to the party, ask to meet with the host of the party, and kill him quickly and easily without anyone knowing. The guy obviously didn't do what he was expected to do. So now, we all have to dress up and not to make any of us look suspicious then we probably were already going to look, we had to bring a date along.

I knew everyone else was probably going to just bring an escort or some hooker along, but I couldn't do that. Not to Juliet.

But the other fucking problem was that if I brought her, she would be trapped in the middle of everything. That would make me more of a jackass then I already was.

I sighed tiredly. Glancing over to the living room, I catch a whimper. Sebastian and Zeena had left an hour ago, so I knew it wasn't them.

Juliet laid still on the couch, a whimper leaving her lips.

"Wait, don't leave, James. Please don't leave again, I need you."

She was having a dream. Even when dead, the fucker always seems to get in the way. I huffed, ready to march outside and take a quick smoke, when her next words stop me in my tracks.

"Please don't go."

I turned around, eyeing her carefully. Were those words for me, or were they for dead James?

I stepped up to where she was sleeping. Bringing a hand down, I gently pushed a strand of hair away from her nose. Her eyes fluttered open as soon as I retreated my hand. "You're awake."

"Romeo." She gasped out, before throwing her arms around me. I stiffen in my spot, surprised at the sudden action. It took me awhile to realize that she was crying. I relaxed, pulling her into my embrace. "I-I miss him."

I suck in a sharp breath. "I'm sorry, ciliegia," was all I could mutter.

"I know." She whispered back, tightening her hold around me. "I'm sorry too."

_________________________________

Oh, my fucking hell. That was so short. I'm so sorry, that I haven't been writing much. I need to start making this a priority for me, but with junior year and all these projects I have to do, I never have time.

I'll try to continue writing, and hopefully I'll finish and move on to my other book, See You Later Alligator.

- Manu