Chapter 104- Walkin' Away

Mulai dari awal

The walker ran forwards, right through the arrow. It stumbled back for a minute before crashing down to the ground.

I pulled the arrow from its head and blood squirted up onto my hand. I groaned and turned to Daryl.

He shoved a walker into the trunk, the head balanced on the edge of the trunk. Daryl slammed the trunk down on the walker, smashing the skull in half. A fairly creative way to dispose of the walker.

The baby stopped crying and the two men ran towards us. They mumbled some thing in spanish and I turned my head slowly and looked at Daryl.

He shrugged and Merle stepped towards us. "Let's take a lil look shall we?" Merle said, opening the back car door.

"Merle, no." I said, grabbing his arm and pushing him away from the truck.

Merle scowled and brushed me off, he started to rummage through the people's belongings and the young boy started to protest Merle. The older man pulled him back and muttered some things in spanish.

"Don't worry seniorita, should be done in a few." Merle said, reassuring the women.

Daryl gave me a worried look and I returned it. Daryl nodded and pointed his crossbow at Merle. "Get out." Daryl muttered, Merle stopped rummaging and gazed over his shoulder.

"I know you're not pointing that at me." Merle growled. Daryl took a step forward and poked Merle's back.

"Out." Daryl ordered. Merle licked his lips and twitched his nose. He stepped back from the car and turned to face Daryl.

I moved to the foreign men and ushered them into their car. "Go, stay away from the main roads." I mumbled as they got into the truck.

They probably didn't understand what I said but it was worth a shot. They slammed the car doors before racing away from us.

I turned back to Merle and Daryl. They were having a stare-off, both the men not moving.

"Come on." I muttered, brushing past the two men. After a minute they caught up, Daryl beside me and Merle behind us. I reached for Daryl's hand and we held hands as we stepped over top of dead walkers.

We walked in silence until we reached the tree line, that's when Merle had to start talking.

"What the hell are you doing pointing that thing at me huh?!" Merle growled.

"They were scared man." Daryl replied calmly.

"No, they were rude! That is what they are!" Merle countered.

I rolled my eyes and sighed, more brother bickering, great. I released Daryl's hand and walked a head so they could 'work' out their problems.

"We went in there and saved their ass's, they owed us a token of gratitude!" Merle responded.

"They didn't owe us nothin'." Daryl mumbled, as we continued to hike through the forest.

"Ya but you helped those people out of the goodness in your heart, even though you might die doing it. Is that something your sheriff Rick taught you?!" Merle remarked.

"There was a baby!" Daryl shouted.

"Oh, otherwise you woulda left them to the biters then? Your gal's made you soft baby brother." Merle barked.

Daryl stopped walking and spun around, I leaned against a nearby tree with my arms crossed.

"What did ya just say?" Daryl asked, Merle smiled and hid eyes moved between me and Daryl.

"That's right lil brother, this girl here's made you go soft!" Merle shouted, pointing at me.

Daryl breathed heavily and looked to me, I kept a calm expression and Daryl shifted his weight back and fourth on his feet as he calmed down.

"Man I went back for ya! I didn't cut off your hand either! You did that! Way before they locked you up on that roof! Don't drag her into this, this is you and me!" Daryl yelled.

Daryl paused for a minute and looked his brother in the eyes. "You asked for it." Daryl scolded, pointing his finger at Merle.

Merle smiled and calmed down his breathing, he let out a exhausted laugh and stared down at the ground before looking up at Merle.

"You, you know whats funny to me?" Merle asked, as he started to circle Daryl.

Daryl copied Merle, both the boys turning slowly in a circle. "You and sheriff Rick are like this now." Merle commented, holding his hand up with his fingers crossed.

"Right? I bet a penny and a piece of gold that you never told him we were planning on robbing that group blind." Merle announced, looking at me.

I looked at Daryl for confirmation and guilt covered his face. "Didn't happen." Daryl replied quietly.

"You, you were going to rob us?" I asked surprised. Daryl licked his lips and nodded his head slowly.

"Ya it didn't happen, cause I wasn't there to help you!" Merle yelled.

"Oh like when we were kids? Huh? Who left who then?!" Daryl shouted.

"WHAT?! HUH? IS THAT WHY I LOST MY HAND?!" Merle screamed.

"You lost your hand cause your a simple minded piece of shit!" Daryl screamed, before turning towards me.

Merle shook his head and ran forward, grabbing Daryl by the back and shoving him to the ground.

Daryl's shirt ripped and I ran forward and started to shove Merle off. Merle turned and smacked me across the face and I fell backwards.

I winced in pain as I felt the blood run down my cheek. Merle stopped beating on Daryl and stepped back.

Merle stared at Daryl's back before looking at me. His breathing quickened and I looked to Daryl's back.

The scars of whip marks showed brightly on Daryl's back. Daryl pulled his back pack on and crawled to me.

He cupped my cheek gently before standing up and helping me to my feet. "Okay?" He asked as he wiped my blood off on his pants.

I nodded and glanced at Merle. "I-I didn't know he..." Merle started.

"Ya, well he did." Daryl whispered, trying to hide his grief from the past. Daryl turned to face his brother.

When Daryl and Merle said he, I assumed they meant their father. It made my heart hurt at the thought of Daryl's father beating him.

"He did the same to you, that's why ya left first." Daryl mumbled before laying his hand on my back and giving me a small push forward.

"I had to man, I would have killed him otherwise. Where you going?" Merle shouted after us.

Daryl turned his head over his shoulder as he helped me step over a log. "Back where we belong, the Prison." Daryl yelled.

"I can't go with ya!" Merle yelled, Daryl stopped me and turned slowly "I tried to kill that black bitch, damn near killed the Chinese kid!" Merle shouted.

"He's Korean." Daryl spat at his brother before we continued to move forewords.

"Whatever! Doesn't matter man! I just can't go with ya!" Merle shouted.

"You know, I may be the one walkin' away," Daryl paused. "But your the one that's leavin'. Again." Daryl shouted over his shoulder.

I took my hand away from my cheek and we stepped through the woods. A minute later we heard Merle trotting through the woods after us. He ran up beside me and looked at my bloody hand.

"Look, I'm sorry I struck ya." Merle mumbled. I laughed softly and glanced down at the ground.