Chapter Eleven: The Buckley Ball Part 1

Start from the beginning

“I’m brushing down Betty. . . is it important?” I asked Cam impatiently as I tried to be gentle as I groomed the beautiful beast in front of me.

“Well, yes it is. See. . . I don’t know if I have made it official between us. . . but we are dating now and I demand that you consent into being my date for the ball tomorrow night.” He demanded, nodding to himself as he tipped back his black Stetson.

“You demand my consent?” I giggled, amused ay his big boy tone. Cam tugged on his white short-sleeve shirt that was straining againt his muscles, with a grin.

I felt strong, muscled hands wrap tightly around my waist and sucked in a short breath.

All week long Cam sneaks up behind me and hugs me from behind, rocking us side to side.

He made my heart hammer.

“I demand that you will gladly and willingly come to the ball with me, dance only with me and give me a kiss I won’t forget.” He was on the verge of chuckling as he spoke out loud, resting his chin on my left shoulder.

I smiled as I continued to brush down Betty, rocking myself a bit as he rocked as well.

“If I give you my consent, will you give me a kiss I won’t forget?” I asked cheekily, though I had the breath rushed out of me when he twirled me around and crushed his sweet lips to mine, stealing my heart.

All too soon, the breath rushed out of me as tingles raced through my body.

Cam pulled back after a few minutes of kissing me, annoyed with the neighing the horses were making around us.

I was annoyed with him stopping the kiss.

Cam noticed my glare and gave me a ravished grin. “Later, we’ll have all the time we’ll need to be alone, baby.”

With a heart melting smirk he sauntered out of the barn, not knowing he left me staring after him, breathless.

*End Of Flash Back*

So here I am, as breathless and confused as ever, in one of the town’s hair salons.

Cam said I could have the day off since I had been working extra time out on the ranch, a sweet move on his part.

“So, decided on which hair style you want, ma’am?” the blonde hair dresser asked me, running a hand through my hair gently.

I set the magazine down that she gave me and looked into the mirror, happy with my choice.

It was meant for long hair only, beautiful silky curled hair running down the back, with tiny violet flowers at the crown of my head, set in perfect spots.

She nodded and gave me a warm smile, grabbing the hair curler and a hair brush.

The hair dresser worked on my hair for almost two hours since my hair was longer than the ones she was used to, making sure each curl was perfect and every tiny flower set in place.

Once I got back to the ranch, I realized I only had two hours until the ball would start.

FUCK!

I didn’t have time to stop to greet anyone as I raced up the ranch house stairs, up to my room.

Pinning my curls gently up, I grabbed and gently put the shower cap on. I had a quick shower, cleaning and trying to relax my panicking body.

Once I finally got dressed into some nice new purple lingerie I bought, I made my way to my vanity table and whipped out my hair curler I kept in the drawer. My hair was a bit messed, so I spent a long time curling and putting on some hair spray.