chapter 31

Jessica

I knew Max was going to be mad but I never figured that he would be this mad .

“tell me everything that happened before I hurt Alex”

“me and him got into a fight thats all “ I didn’t want to get Alex in trouble due to he had helped me lot when Max was kidnapped. My hands were already sweating at the thought.

“and he hit you..” his voice was so angry.

“he..he..was mad I ...brought up..up Abigail”

his eyes turned softer and hopefully he would forget how angry he really was at Alex.

“why did you bring up her?”

“because...i ..wanted to know something about you guys?”

“you know a ton of stuff about us”

“i know about nothing..nothing that has to do with your past life”

“i don’t want you to know about that...because I am not proud of who I was before”

“still..i want to know everything about you..and that includes your past life”

his eyes were back to being angry. I didn’t want him mad at me especially not after he just woke up from certain death.

“hey guys”

the one person that I didn’t want to see came into Max's room at the wrong time.

“Alex it isn’t a really good time to come in “

“why not”

as soon as the word left my mouth. I saw Max throw a pillow across the room

hitting Alex square on the nose.

“what was that for?”

“i don’t have enough time to tell you what you did wrong”

I had never heard Max so angry at once person before. He turned scary as his eyebrows squished together and his eyes darted to Alex.

“is this about what I think it is about”

“the big mark on the side of Jessica's face”

“yeah thats what I thought”his eyes darted to the ground not looking either of us in the eyes.

“how could you Alex I thought that you and Jessica had became really good friends I don’t understand why you hit her”

“i don’t either”

“did you at least say sorry”

“ of course I said sorry many times”

“at least that is a start”

my hands started to sweat I was waiting for Max to try and kill Alex even though they were best friends. I knew Max was beyond mad.

“i just cant believe you would hit a girl let alone Jessica the girl that you always called a sister and that you said you loved so much.i don’t see love here I see abuse I cant fathom what she has been through the last couple days “

“Max please”

“and another thing.. why would you hit her if she mentioned Abigail. There isn’t a secret bond between us we should openly talk about her it has been years and years. Im sorry Alex but you need to get over it”

“Max”

“what?”

“could you stop yelling at him. Dont you understand when you were gone. Guess who was there Alex. Guess who went out and helped me look for the ring ...Alex did. When I needed someone to cry on it was Alex shoulder that I did. Me and him are a lot closer and I understand that you are upset and so am I but the thing is he is also my best friend and I am over it.. that will heal I know it “

I looked back to see Alex actually tearing up for once. It almost mad me cry as well.

“i am done yelling at him”

“i hope so “

“i just don’t want it to happen again or I will beat your-”

“it wont happen again Father”

“shut up Alex”

“nice to have you back too Max”

and just like that the tension was cut and everyone was back to being glad that Max was ok.

“nice to be back”

'so how is death?”

this time I threw a pillow at Alex hitting him in the leg.

“oww im hurt,save me Jessica”

“yep not going to happen”

“why not?”

“all your comments is one and I am comfortable in the bed”

“how does it feel that she picked me over you Alex”

his eyes became sad again and I knew that he was faking it.

“it feels pretty crappy. But its ok Ill just leave”

“oh shut up and come here”

Max signaled for him to come over to the side of the bed.

“thanks for taking car of her buddy”

“no big deal..”

“and thanks for saving me both of you”

“least we could do for you”

“so..Max when are you going to propose to Jessica”

“soon when she lest expects it..”

“wait a second if she is already wearing the ring doesn’t that mean you guys are already engaged”

Max flew his hands up. The coldness swept around me from where his hands laid.

“that is what I am saying but she says that I have to do better then last time”

“how could you top last time.i don’t know that you cared so much Jessica”

it was my turn for my mouth to fly open all I wanted was a engagement that Max was not kidnapped at.

“i do”

“i like the sound of that”

Max smiled down at me, while he gave me another kiss on the cheek whispering in my ear..

“i will propose again..i promise”

“i hope you keep that promise”

“stop with all the lover secrets I don’t want to know and I am going to start throwing up soon”

we both looked at each other and rolled our eyes of course Alex would say something like that.

This was always the day I liked best we didn’t have to worry about the mob or if anyone was going to die all we worried about who would throw a pillow at Alex's head next.

Authors note

hope you enjoy this chapter..see you next time:)

love 200pink