chapter twenty seven

Max

I woke up my eyes trying to get used to the harsh lights as I tried to move or do something but I was tied up and I could not move.

“hello again Max”

“i refuse to talk to someone like you”

“why is that ?”

“i am not the same person I used to be. I am different you guys are holding a grudge for something that I did not do”

'but thats the thing Max you have done things to us and you know that as well as I do”

“i didn’t kill her you did with your two hands”

“but you cant wipe your hands of her blood Max”

“i didn’t do it “

“then who did”

“you know exactly who?”

he kicked me again and again. My ribs feeling bruised . But I knew what really happened that night.

And believe me it was worse then all us thought.

Flashback:

“alex come on we need to get back to head quarters before we get yelled at again”

“yeah yeah yeah I know I know walking faster father Max”

“don’t call me your father”

“why not”

“cause I don’t even want to claim you as my friend”

“hahaha Max” he gave me a smile as he said this in his usually sarcastic tone.

“Alex?” a woman’s voice this time coming out from the bushes.

“Abby why are you here didn’t I tell you to meet me later”

“yes but I couldn’t. I wanted to see you”

the thought of Alex in a relationship almost made me sick. The worst part was that we were not supposed to have relationships for the better good.

One thing they could not get in the middle of things. Men usually drop out and we needed everyone we could in the mob. But once you date a mob member you will never be alone unless they don’t find out which is very unlikely.

“Alex come on we are going to be late”

“for what” the girl named Abby had said

“nothing Abby”

“obviously it is something. Why don’t you just tell me Alex”

“because like I told you before there are parts of my life I cant tell you”

“Alex we need to go”

“ok,ok”

“bye Abby”

“bye Alex”

they kissed and it felt like I was going to throw up. How could someone possible like someone that must I mean I barley like Alex half the time.

“ill tell you someday”

I heard him whisper against her ear.

“i hope so”

they kissed once more and we were off to the main building.

“you two make me sick”

“why cause you have nobody to love”