chapter twenty-six

ALEX

It had been hours since they had gone out for there date and I was starting to get worried. What if she said no. But that was almost impossible as she was in love with Max but there was definitely something wrong. I got into the car trying to call either Max or Jessica but either one was picking up which only made me drive even faster and when I got to dock to see Jessica a lump on the ground I rushed over trying to get her up.

“Jessica Jessica are you ok? What happened?”

But there was no answer so I picked her up and brought her to the car “Jessica I hope you are ok” I whispered

And I took her to the hospital the only thing I could think of doing. Leaving out the fact that Max was not with Jessica

Couple hours later….

It seemed that she was going to be all right and that she would wake up soon. I sat in the hospital waiting for some kind of response from her and just like that she rolled over and looked at me jumping from the bed she gave me a big hug and she started to cry.

“What happened Jessica?”

‘w-ell Max w-was a-about t-to a-ask me to m-m-arry him and this guy came up and hit me in the back of the head and took Max”

“That isn’t good”

“What is going to happen Alex I can’t believe this happened “?

“Well we will get out of her and we can go back to the house and-“

“Wait we need to go back to the dock”

‘Why”

‘Cause my ring is there”

“And your point”

‘I want to have it”

“Oh brother”

“What now” she looked so annoyed with me.

“Do you hear yourself Max is kidnapped and you want to go back there to get a ring”

‘Yeah”

“Never mind”

And we were off to go pick up the ring that she was annoying me about getting. When we arrived I searched for clues something to tell me where they could of taken Max or who was the culprit while Jessica looked for her ring.

There was nothing here it was clean as could be. Just like the mob always did things.

“Have you found anything yet”?

She rested her head on my shoulder and I didn’t want to tell her the truth that I hadn’t found anything but I think she guessed when she looked at my face,

“I’m sorry”

“Its ok”

I heard a sob I turned around and gave her a hug.

“This should not be happing”

‘It shouldn’t but you know you did get a part of the mob”

“I know that it just seemed like everything was ok and that me and Max could have a happy every after”

“You know that is almost impossible when your boyfriend is part of the mob”

“I know but I thought something could be different. I thought we could put the mob behind us for one night and have a great date night but you see how well that turned out”

“Yeah no kidding”

“ I just wanted everything to go perfectly yesterday”

“I get that Jessica”

“But it didn’t once again”

‘Lets focus on trying to save Max and then you guys can do it all over again”

“Ok that sounds good”

MAX

I had been in the back of the car for what seemed like hours now. I rested my head on the window to realize that we were here the place that felt like home for so many years . all the men in the blue mask that haunted Jessica. I never thought I would be coming back to this place.

“Lets go Max”

Where I entered the building where it was cold and everyone seemed to stare at me. we went through what seemed like four rooms before we got to the room that scared even me.

“Hello Max”

I turned to see the man I was once a friend with. The man who probably was part of this whole scheme.

“Hello Bradley “

“well.well.well Max never thought you would be back here would you”

“Why cant you just leave us alone”

“Because you know our secrets and we cant risk you telling the police all of them”

‘Why would I go to the police when I could be taken in to jail to”

“Well that is just a added bonus”

‘You no good nasty - ”

“What are we Max”

“No good people”

“Weren’t you just that before”?

“No I was never as bad as you”

“Sure you weren’t Max. I find that hard to believe since you managed all of us at one time. Is it because you found a girl who thinks she knows you but she has no idea about who you really are. What have you told her Max”?

“ Everything”

“Now I know you are lying you are just as bad as us Max”

“I could never be like you guys”

“You were”

“But I changed”

“So you think”

AUTHORS NOTE

So I hope to update more often but it seems like this story is the easiest to write. But I am trying I promise

So hope you enjoy this chapter

Love you guy’s super duper much

200pink