Chapter twelve

Max's pov

I ran into the park trying to find this riddle. I only had about a half hour left before who knew what happened to Jessica. I looked through the bushed and the park. All the parents giving me strange stares as I ran around trying to find the next riddle. About 10 minutes left in the game and I still haven't found it. I sat down trying to catch my breath as the wind blew my hair back and forth. The I saw something out of the corner of my eyes.

A little white piece of paper.

I ran over to it. As the wind picked up once again and it swirled as the wind picked up and set it down

"I don't have time for this," I said under my breath. I looked at my watch 5 minutes. I had to get to the white piece of paper before time ran out.

Then the wind died down again and I sprinted across he field tackling the piece of paper I opened it and tears weld up in my eyes.

"Yes nothing would happen to her"

Jessica's pov (the time when Max arrived at the park)

The knife moved a couple of more inches and I grinded my teeth together. I thought in my head

Max please find the next riddle. Stop the pain please

The knife moves again. It must have been five minutes looked at the clock Max only had 10 minutes left. I felt tears fall again. What if the killed him again. The knife moved again five minutes to go. My brain started to go foggy as my eyes began to feel heavy. What is happening? Then it all went black. All I felt was the knife move a little then stop.

Max found the next riddle.

Max's pov

I grabbed the piece of paper. I opened it and the writing looked fresh and was blood red.

Did he use Jessica's blood? I tried not to think about it as I moved on and read the note

Dear Max

You are probably wondering what I wrote this note in and you are correct it is blood. And yes it's Jessica's. Back tot he riddles.

This one is out far

Far from your view

It was a leg on your trip

Go back in your memory to find it

You have 24 hours

Go

Jessica is waiting. She isn't dead.

Yet

Your friend

Death

He did write in her blood, which only meant that he was torturing her. Why did I make her go home alone? Why couldn't I just go to the police and they can solve it all.

Why was the next riddle?

A leg of your trip

What trip? Then it clicked the trip that Jessica and me are taking.

Its out far

I thought back where were the places that we have stopped.

A hotel

My mom house

The house we are now

The hotel wasn't that far away.

My mother's house. But that took us a couple days to do.

I better get on the road now.

Jessica's pov

I woke up with blood smeared on my stomach. They haven't even but something on it. My wrist was red and they started to hurt. My head hurt from going black every so often. I was just lad that Max found the clue. I was still sleepy as the metal door opened and there was the dragon mask. It was dark but I could see those green eyes stare at me. They looked so pretty against the gold of the dragon mask. He unlatched me from the machine and grabbed my wrist and dragged me down the hallway. My wrist aching as we went into my old room. The cold floor almost welcoming to the machine I was on earlier. I couldn't do this for much longer. What if I was never returned to Max?

Or worse killed,