Chapter 72: Wedding Bells

A year and a half later:

          Mackenzie has just turned three, running around, talking like a regular toddler. The gash on her cheek still there but isn't noticeable. She's in daycare now so Liam can go back to work full time, but still pick her up at three every day. 

          Javier and his girlfriend are finally getting married, Danielle at Liam's to get Mackenzie dressed.

           "I'm so glad they finally are getting married," Liam smirks, pulling on his dress shirt.

          "God I know. They've been together longer than I've had Gracie," Danielle laughs and stands Mackenzie up on the bed as she keeps working on her hair. Mackenzie wearing a white dress that has little pink flowers around the hem, Mackenzie, the flower girl.

          "You look beautiful," he smiles to his daughter.

          "Daddy look," Mackenzie says, playing with the ends of her braids.

          "I know they are really pretty," he kneels.

          "You look nice daddy."

          "Thank you. Danielle, make up? Really?"

          "What?" Danielle smiles. "She looks adorable. I can take it off."

          "It's fine, but she's not allowed to wear makeup till she's fifty."

           "Uh huh," she laughs. "What were you, fourteen when you first started 'dating'?" she puts air quotes around dating.

          "Um thirteen actually," Liam winks, picking Mackenzie up.

          Liam pulls up to the venue, Liam and Mackenzie walking in, Mackenzie carrying a stuffed rabbit.

          "Hey man," Javier walks over smiling.

          "Hey," Liam smiles.

           "Who is this lovely princess and what have you done with my little Mackenzie?"

          "You ready man?" holding Mackenzie to him.

          "Hell...no," he laughs.

          "He owes you a dollar doesn't he?" Liam winks at his daughter. Mackenzie holds out her hand.

          "Dammit," Javier mumbles.

          "That's another one Uncle Javi," Liam smiles.

          He hands her a five dollar bill. "I have three free ones now," he points to her, carrying her to his sister.

          "Alright let's get you married," Liam pats his back, heading up to the front of the room.

          "So, dude, you need to know something," Javier says.

          "What? You're not getting cold feet are you?"

          "Not at all. She'd kill me. She invited Sloane."

          "Why in the hell would she do that?" Liam's smile fades.

          "She put her back on the list when you guys were together, and both of us forgot until it showed up when we were doing our final stuff. Man, I'm sorry. She didn't RSVP though. She's not going to come. You owe your daughter a dollar," he smirks.

          "I hope she doesn't come."

           "Why? Do you still love her?"

          "I haven't talked to her since the accident incident that turned out to not be an accident."

          "You haven't talked to her since then?"

          "Nope."

          "Well, that might change," he nods over to Sloane as she walks in, sitting down near the back of the rows, hoping not to be seen.

          The ceremony begins.