Chapter 14: Bar Brawl

A couple of days pass, Sloane working at the bar the first time in a while since she's been studying. She sees Javier and Liam walking in. They sit down at the end of the countertop.

          "Shit..." she says under her breath, moving to the opposite end. She looks over, Liam on his phone texting away. Javier makes eye contact with her before she goes back to work.

         "Where's the bartender?" Liam asks his buddy, putting his phone down.

          "Uh...I'm sure he'll be back in a minute," Javier says, trying to make sure he doesn't see Sloane. "Maybe we should go sit at a table?"

          "Do you wanna move?" Liam asks. "This is fine unless you want to move."

          "Uh yeah, yeah," as they both get up and move to the opposite of where Sloane's going.

           "Sloane!" the guys hear as Liam looks and sees Sloane, making eye contact.

          "Of course you pick a bar that she works at," Liam smirks, sitting down.

           "I didn't know she worked here. I didn't think she worked at all."

           "Well I'm thirsty, and nobody is helping."

           "Something to drink?" Sloane comes over a few minutes later asking plainly.

          "Yeah two Bud Lights," Liam answers, checking her out a little.

          She nods walking off, coming back with them a few minutes later and putting them on the table. She walks away. Liam smiles, noticing her trying so hard to ignore him.

          "See, told you no good would come from her. Bitch," Javier says.  

           "Stop dude," Liam laughs, clinking his beer with his, "just give her some time," Liam looks up at the TV. A game on not knowing Sloane's boyfriend walks in about an hour later. Javier is drinking heavily.

          "Hey," Eric smiles at Sloane.

           "Hey baby," he greets, sliding his hand on the back of her thigh and leaning up to kiss her.

          "What can I get you?"

           "The usual for me," he smiles. Sloane nods and walking to the bar to grab their drinks. A few more of Eric's friends coming in. Sloane sees Eric look over at Liam and Javier.

          "Oh no," Sloane mumbles to herself as she walks towards him, trying to get him before he does something stupid.

          "What's he doing here?" Eric nods to Liam.

          "I don't know? Drinking like everyone else."

          "Hey Sloane," Liam calls her name. "Can I get a water?"

          Shutting her eyes, wishing he hadn't done that as Sloane goes back behind the bar.

          "Shit," Liam mumbles, seeing Sloane's boyfriend.

          "What?" Javier mumbles, drunk.

          "Sloane's boyfriend that I was telling you about? Yeah, he's over there."

         "Screw him," he shouts, looking directly at Eric.

          "Hey don't man," Liam scolding Javier. He then gives up his water so he can sober up a bit.

          "I'm fine. I'm fine. Not my fault that douchebag over there can't keep control of his girl," he shouts again.

           "Dude I'll punch you in the mouth, stop," Liam threatens.