Chapter 47: CPS visit

Liam comes to a stop at the EMERGENCY entrance so Sloane can take her straight in. Once she gets out, he parks the car before heading inside. He sees Sloane standing.

           "Where is she? Did they take her back?" he asks.

          "Yeah, a nurse took her."  

           "That room was disgusting," Liam sighs, sitting down.

          "I want to shower just from going in there."

         "We will when we get home."

          "Liam Pearson?"

          Liam looks up seeing a lady in front of him. "Yes, that's me."

           Sloane winks at him before getting up and walking away.

          "Hi, I'm Cindi. I'm with CPS."

          "Hi, it's nice to meet you," Liam shakes her hand. "Sorry, I'm just nervous about my daughter."

           "I can only imagine. Little Mackenzie will be put into CPS care for now until everything is figured out with Natasha. You aren't on any records for her so we can't just give her to you. Do you understand?"

           "What do I need to do to get her? I'm her biological father."

           "I understand that. We'll go through everything. Don't worry. She'll be fine."

          "Is there a chance I'll get her? I can contact my lawyer."

          Cindi smiles. "You'll be fine. It just takes time. There's a lot of paperwork."

           "When do I get started?" he asks.

           "How about you come to my office next week? Say next Wednesday?"

           "Yes ma'am," Liam nods.

            "I'll see you then," she says, standing up and walking away. Liam seeing Sloane walk over with a cup of coffee.

          "Thank you," he says taking a sip, sliding his phone out of his pocket.

          "Liam?" a woman in blue scrubs walks out.  

          "Yeah, that's me."

           "Mackenzie is going to be fine. She's malnourished and dehydrated, so we have her on fluids and some antibiotics. CPS says that until all the paperwork is completed, we can't let you see her, but I can assure you she is fine."

          "Yeah, I know. Um, thank you so much. Please take care of her."

           "We will," the nurse smiles walking away.

           "You ready to go?" Liam asks Sloane.

           Sloane stands up, sliding her hands on Liam's torso. "We can stay if you want too."

          "If you want to go, we can go."

           "What do you want to do?" Sloane grips his shirt.

          "I want to go home and shower. The nurse says she'll be fine."

          "I'm sure she will," Sloane smiles and kisses him softly. "Come on," she pulls his hand and toward the car.

           Laying in bed a little while later, freshly clean from the shower, Liam's arms around Sloane. "You know," he smiles, kissing over her shoulder blades, "you looked pretty good holding her today."

          Sloane smiles, her fingers running up and down Liam's arms, her feet rubbing against his calves.

          "What?" Liam chuckles. "You're not gonna comment?"

           "What do you want me to say?" Sloane smiles.

           "I was just commenting."

          "She's adorable Liam."

          "Yeah, she is. Do you wanna have kids someday?"

           "I don't know, maybe one day," Sloane says quietly. "Are you sure she's yours?"

          "What?" Liam a little caught off guard.

           "I'm just asking."

          Liam looks away laying there, running a hand through his hair and pulling his hands away from Sloane. He moves to his back and then to his side before falling asleep.