Chapter 35: Defending Sloane

"I'm glad you didn't marry him..." Liam says softly, the pair laying on Liam's couch in his office. Their clothes are strewn around the room. Sloane lying half on top of Liam, one leg between his as she's straddling his leg.

          "Yeah?" she asks, resting her chin on his chest. 

           "Yeah," he nods, leaning down and kissing her once more. Another knock erupts on the door. The ninth one for the past ten minutes. 

           "They've been knocking every minute for a while," Sloane smiles playfully.

          "They'll be okay," Liam smirks.

          Another knock raps on the door. 

         "You're the boss. They probably need you," Sloane grins and reaches over Liam for her phone. "It's," looking at the time, "shit it's five-thirty ."

         Liam groans as another knock interrupts. "Javier stop," Liam laughs.

          "It's fine," Sloane smiles into his neck. "I should get going anyway," she smiles, dialing Hope and waiting for her to pick up. "Hey I know, I know. Shut up," she says into the phone. "Can you bring me some clothes? Yeah...yeah...yeah," she sighs before hanging up.

          Another knock on the door.

          "Dude, I swear to God if you bang or knock on the door one more time you're fired," Liam laughs, sitting up.

          "Go get it," Sloane says, getting up and sitting in his desk chair in just Liam's t-shirt.

          Smirking, Liam stands up and pulls on his jeans on, opening the door a bit. "Yes?"

           "Jesus Christ," Javier laughs, pulling Liam out. He shuts the door. "Are you out of your damn mind?"

          "What?" Liam smiles.

          "You're a moron. She's going to go back to him."

           "I don't think so man," Liam shakes his head. 

           "Right," Javier shakes his head, walking away.

           Smirking, Liam walks back in, shutting the door behind him. "Do you wanna go back to my place after Hope comes and brings you clothes?" Liam asks.

          "I can't..." Sloane says quietly.

           "Why not?"

           "Because I have to go talk to Eric."

           "Will you come over after?"

          Sloane nods as Hope walks in, immediately lecturing her about everything. Liam watches the whole time pulling on a sweatshirt. The two girls leave as Liam follows them out. When he walks out, all the guys are just looking at him, not doing any work.

          "Will you assholes get back to work?" Liam laughs.

           No one pipes up until the guy that Liam doesn't care for opens his mouth. "Yeah, why should we when you're in there banging sluts?"

            "Hey watch your mouth man."

           "Right, because someone who's getting married and bails to come hook up with you isn't a slut. Get the hell out of here."

           "Hey, stop dude," Liam says walking to the guy. Javier follows only to intercede if need be.

          "No. I'm tired of you putting this place second to a pair of tits and an ass. You think you're the first poor construction asshole she's screwed?" he laughs.

           Clenching his jaw, "I'll fire your ass..."

           "Go for it. Fire me. Doesn't change the fact that I'm right."

           "Don't do anything stupid bro," Javier says behind him.

           Liam then walks past hitting his shoulder with his.

           "Does she still do that thing with her back?" Kyle smirks.

           Everyone in the shop stops, watching the two.

           "You know," Kyle grins, "the arch?"

          "How the hell would you know about that?" Liam walks over.

           "I told you. You aren't the first."

          "You've slept with her?"

          "Who hasn't?" he laughs.

          "I don't know why she'd hook up with you," Liam smirks, patting Kyle's shoulder and walking away.

          "Because she slums it then goes back to her rich man. It's a cycle man."

           Liam turns and punches Kyle square in the jaw. Kyle falling backward.

           "Really?" Kyle pushes at him, slamming Liam through the door to his office. They both get a few good punches in before Javier pulls them off.

          "Are you two out of your damn minds?" Javier says. "Get the hell out of here, go home," he yells at Kyle.

         Kyle storms out, slamming the door behind him. Liam looks at Javier wiping the corner of his mouth, a big cut on his eyebrow.

          "Seriously?" Javier says. "You're going to start a brawl in here?"

          "I'm sorry."

           "Don't apologize to me. It's your business."

            "I don't want to listen to this right now," Liam says. "You go home bud and tell everybody else to go home too."

          "You think she's coming back?"

          "Go home man," Liam says again.

           Javier nods, walking out. 

I Choose Youजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें