Chapter 67: Little Miracle

A couple of days pass, Sloane, Harper, Liam, and Mackenzie are all still in the hospital. Liam has been getting around better but yet no change on Mackenzie.

           "Hey Liam," the older nurse smiles walking in. "How are you feeling?"

           "I'm okay."

          "The doctor said you could go home today if you feel up to it."

          "I'm not going home without Mackenzie."

          "Well you're getting discharged but more than welcome to stay in the family unit upstairs."

          "Is she doing better?"

           "I haven't heard anything, but I can go check for you shortly."

          "Is she going to make it? Be honest with me?"

           "I don't know. I really don't. Do you want us to call someone to come get you?"

          "No, I'm staying."

           "Alright let's get you up to the family rooms then."

           Once changing his clothes, the nurse wheels him to the elevator, the music filling the tiny room. "Do you want to go see Mackenzie?" the nurse asks.

          "Yes, I would." 

          "Let's go then," she grins, wheeling him to the NICU. Once arriving, Liam puts on the gown and mask. He looks at his daughter, still laying in the crib, hooked up to everything. He watches her before noticing movement — Mackenzie's foot kicking Liam's hand beside her.

          "Come on baby," Liam sits up in his chair.

          Mackenzie moves again, kicking harder as she tries to cry but is hooked up to too many monitors, a tube down her throat.

          "Hey!" Liam calls out. "Hey! Someone come in here! She's trying to cry but she can't," he calls, panicking a little more.

          "Oh my god," the nurse exclaims, walking over and slightly sedating the little girl to calm her down, removing the tube with the help of a few more nurses. "Liam, this is a miracle. Let's let the doctors' help her okay?" the nurse says as she takes Liam back to the family room. "Liam she's going to be okay."

          "Thank you."