Chapter 54: Talk From Danielle

Getting back to Danielle's home, Mackenzie in the bouncy seat, Gracie and Alek watching TV in the living room. Danielle and Liam get started on dinner.

           "Are you sure you're ready to do this by yourself, Liam? Raising a kid is hard," Danielle asks, the pasta boiling.

           "I'm perfectly capable Danielle."

           "I know you are. But are you ready to give up your life and put hers first?"

           "I mean I still have to work obviously and that's where you come in."

           "That's not what I mean. I mean are you ready to stop going out with Javier every night and bringing home random girls?"

          "Yeah because I have my eyes on Sloane."

            "Who? Who's Sloane?"

          "I told you about Sloane Danielle," Liam sighs.

          "That college girl you picked up at the bar like eight months ago? Seriously?"

           "Yeah seriously. The same one where I worked for her dad on the floor project."

           "Jesus Christ Liam," Danielle sighs. "Are you seriously still going after her? Isn't she like twenty-one?"

          "You act like I'm twenty years older than her."

          "I'm not saying that. I'm just saying. You have a daughter now, a career, a house. What does she have? A rich daddy, easy life and a party lifestyle."

           "Danielle, you don't know her."

          "Do you? Is she going to stick around to raise someone else's kid?"

          "You know she did a pretty damn good job this morning."

          "One morning?" Danielle laughs. "Liam, you will be supporting her for eighteen years! How long do you think one of your hookups from the bar is going to be around?"

          "She's different, okay?"

          "Mhm. That's what you said about Stacey," Danielle looks up, dishing up the plates and placing them on the table.

          "Danielle I'm happy. Can't you just be happy that I'm happy?"

          "I am happy you're happy. But, I want you to stay happy. I don't want you to spiral out like last time."

          "I don't think it's gonna happen."

           With that, Danielle rolls her eyes.