Chapter 48: Filling In Javier

Waking up the next morning, Liam doesn't see Sloane laying in the bed beside him. Sighing, he goes into the bathroom taking a shower, when he comes out Sloane is sitting on his bed in just a t-shirt taking a sip of her coffee.

          "Hey, I thought you left." Liam smiles.

          "I'm sorry about what I said."

           "It's okay."

           "It's not. It's not my place to question anything like that."

           "It's fine," Liam shrugs. "You're just going off by what you see, but she's mine. I have the DNA test to prove it in my office."

          "It's not. It's not my place to question anything like that. I know that. I'm just saying people can fake things like that."

          "Okay," Liam sighs, not wanting to talk about it anymore. Sloane gets up as she walks around the room grabbing her clothes. "What are you doing?"

          "Looking for my clothes."

           "Why?"

           "Why not?" she sighs, pulling on her panties.

           "Because, I don't want you to leave but if you need to go, go."

          "I'm sorry," she sighs, kissing him once and grabbing her vest and walking out.

          Later that afternoon, Liam is at the shop working on a few things when Javier walks in.

          "What's up buddy? How's the lady?" he asks.

          "She's fine," Liam smirks, shaking his head.

          "Mhm. Not all you thought it was going to be huh?"

          "I saw my daughter," Liam smiles ignoring him.

          "No shit? That's great man."

          "Yeah for like ten minutes. Sloane and I took her to the hospital."

          "She okay?"

          "Yeah, she's fine. She's going into foster care for the time being. Natasha got arrested."

          "Shit, for real? What the hell for?"

          "Well Sloane and I went to her house, and this guy answered the door. The baby was screaming and crying in the background. Well, I texted Sloane to call the cops because the guy was on something. Well, when the cops pulled up, Natasha did too and dude, she was high and drunk off her ass."

           "Shit," Javier says. "She bailed, didn't she?"

           "Who Sloane?"

           Javier nods.

           "Well, she made the comment that the little girl probably wasn't mine which I know she is because I've had a DNA test done. But, she commented that people could fake those nowadays."

          "Damn. She's right though."

           "Dude shut up," Liam sighs.

           "Man I'm just saying. Do you think she's going to stick around if you have some drug dealer's kid? Even if it is yours?"

          "Then she's not the woman for me," Liam says without even looking at Javier.

          "Right, because she was so easy to get," he laughs.

          Kyle walks in.

          "Kyle I told you, you were done.."

          "Yeah, you can't fire me. I'll sue you."

          "Sue me for what?" Liam laughs.

          "Because you have no reason to fire me," Kyle laughs.

          "Today is your last day Kyle," Liam says walking away.